𝟑𝟑

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

𝐀𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 in an empty bed. the usual warmth radiating from next to her was now missing. She hugged herself tightly to get warm as she walked to the enormous window across their room. Aemond just stood there looking at the sky, not moving. Aelora frowned as she noticed her husband's unusual behavior. She took it upon herself to dress herself before she made her way to him. She let her long, platinum locks fall behind her ears, not bothering to braid it.

"What is troubling you?" Aemond sighed beside her, his lip trembling. The Princess hadn't seen him like this before. He almost looked defeated. Aemond looked slightly down at her, his eye moving rapidly across her gentle face. "Something happened yesterday in King's Landing, something horrible." The emphasis on horrible didn't go unnoticed by the Princess. She took his hand slowly in hers. "Tell me."

Aemond had a history of not knowing how to deal with certain emotions. Anger and sadness were two of them, if not the most important ones. He never knew where to place them, or how to act upon them. But when he looked in those lilac eyes of his precious wife, he knew he could conquer everything. As long as she was with him. But this news, what happened to his nephew, hurt something deep within him. No matter how much he despised his family, a child does not deserve to end up like this. His mind then crossed to his sweet sister Helaena. He mourned for her, even if he hadn't thought about her in a long time.

He slid the letter into Aelora's hands, her eyes darting down, reading it immediately.

My son,
I know we have had our differences in the past and I have not acted rightly because of it. I am not writing you to ask for your forgiveness, or for you to return. I recognize your happiness, and I could not be more proud of you, my sweet son.
However, a horrible incident occurred last night and I am afraid your wife may have been involved.
Helaena, her children and I had gotten captured by two brutal men sent by one of them. They tied me so I could not move, then proceeded to take her and the children to another chamber where they beheaded little Jaehaerys. Helaena was left with just his body to bury, his head is still missing.
As I stated I do not wish for your return, I am just asking you to be careful. You think you may know them, but you don't. They did this to an innocent child. Because of this, your sister has fallen into a great depression, refusing to sleep or eat.
I wish you well, and I hope you take this letter seriously.
Signed,
Alicent Hightower

Aelora wiped away a tear as she realized what one of her own may have done. This act could be seen as treason against her, they didn't clear this action with her. "Aemond, I'm so sorry." But the Prince slowly shook his head, his eyebrows still pushed together. "I will make sure the person responsible for sending those men will be punished."

"You will punish your own father?" Aelora's head shot up, confused. "What do you mean?" Aemond scoffed at her words, "tell me you are not that blind, darling. This has your father written all over it. Who else could have sent those men without leaving a trace? Who else has a personal vendetta with them?" The Princess could've sworn she felt sick to her stomach. She knew her father was capable of doing some horrible things, but never in a million years would she have guessed he's sent hitmen to kill off a child.

But, the more she thought about it, the more guilty she found him. "This cannot go unpunished." Those were Aelora's last words before she walked off, back inside.

The Throne Room filled itself with everyone living on Dragonstone. Her father stood across the painted table, her half-sisters standing next to him. Aemond took his stand beside her, his eye never leaving Daemon. The Sea Snake had also joined, curious as to why Aelora called everyone together.

"I assume you must all be terribly confused as to why I called you here, so I'll make it short." Aelora took the letter and read it out loud. As the word beheaded left her mouth, the whole room went quiet with only gasps leaving people's mouths. When the Princess was done, she immediately locked eyes with her father. "You murdered an innocent child." Daemon smirked at her, "I did not touch him." Aelora picked at her fingernails underneath the table. She wasn't scared of her father, but he was the only parent she had left. She wanted to be careful with this. "You might as well have, father. And your statement just proved your involvement." Daemon nodded at her, "I do not deny it. They needed to feel what we felt." Daemon walked around the table, moving closer to his daughter. "Do you remember what you did when you found out about Lucerys?" A sharp sting moved around Aelora's heart. Her brother's death had left her feeling lost. "You were on your way to burn the whole place down, daughter of mine. Even innocent people." Daemon stopped in front of Aemond, who would not move away from his wife. "Those people are not innocent, not even the children. Jaehaerys was the son of your brother's killer. I simply returned the favor." With those words he walked back to the other side.

The Prince noticed his wife's anxiousness. So he took it over from her. "What happened to Lucerys was a terrible accident," but before he could continue he got cut off. "An accident?" Aelora softly asked. Aemond closed his eye in response, regretting his choice of words. Of course he knew that wasn't an accident, and he wasn't sure as to why he said so. "Your brother chased him in a storm with his dragon. His intent might not have been to kill him, but you do not play games with your dragon. Unknowingly, he knew what he was doing, Aemond. So do not speak to me that my brother died because of an accident." Aemond was ready to apologize to her, to tell her that he knew that and his brother would pay for what he had done, but Daemon took the lead. "Do you see now, Aelora? Do you see what he thinks of it, how he still protects his own brother. You're his wife for goodness sake, and he still chooses that usurper's side."

Aelora's breathing had gotten heavier. Too many noises were happening around her. "I will always choose my wife's side. When I followed her I was willing to even help her burn it all. I will always be on her side, no matter what you try to tell her. I choose her, and that will never change," he then turned to Aelora who was still feeling a little dizzy from it all. "My choice of words weren't the right ones, but the thought behind them was right. I'm sorry." The Princess had heard Aemond's words, and she truly believed them. But her vision was starting to get blurry and she could feel her forehead become hot. Aemond and Daemon were too busy arguing to even notice the Princess's condition.

The Sea Snake tapped on the ground with his cane. "Quiet you two. Can you not see what you are doing to her?" His voice sounded worried, which made Aelora look up. But that was the wrong choice to make. As she looked up she lost all feeling in her legs and tumbled down, Aemond just in time to catch her. Her eyes fell shut shortly after.

When she opened her eyes again, she was in a different place. She could see a person in the distance. One she thought she recognized, but it was still too far. "Hey!" She yelled as she fastened her pace toward them.

Her face went pale as the person turned around, a smile spread across her beautiful face.

"Hello, sweet girl."

Aelora felt all the weight fall down her shoulders as she embraced this person in a tight hug.

"Hi, mom."

✺✺✺

merry christmas eve lovelies <3