𝟏𝟒

𝐀 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐈𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 by the Princess. Criston kept a close eye on Aelora at all times. He was enraged with her little show from earlier and felt that she needed to be punished for her crime. He had expressed his anger to Alicent but she simply told him to let it go, it was not their business anymore. Criston was done with letting them get away with everything. First it was Rhaenyra, but it seems now that her daughter has received the same characteristics. Like mother, like daughter, it seems.

Aelora sat next to Baela at the end of the table. Luke and Rhaena sat right to her, and her father straight across. Aelora kept making funny faces at Luke who was trying to eat. Luke laughed so hard that his drink spilled out of his nose and all over his food. Rhaenyra shot Aelora a warning look, but the princess simply rolled her eyes at her mother and kept giggling with her brother.

Aemond, who was on the other side of the table, never took his eye off her. Merely three hours ago they shared a bed and all his mind could do was replay that moment over and over again. He felt envious of Lucerys. He was sitting so close to her and she was making him laugh. Aemond knew the special bond these two shared, but he still felt resentment towards the young boy. And even though he adored Aelora, he still felt a little bit saddened at how fast she brushed over it. He noticed her looking at him a couple of times. He wasn't trying to hide his affection, and from the looks of it neither was she. She offered him a timid smile from time to time. But they had to be cautious for there was a dragon sitting at this table ready to pull out his sword at anyone who even looks at his daughter.

The room got quiet as King Viserys took a deep breath. "This is an occasion for celebration, it seems," he proudly said. "My grandsons Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins Baela and Rhaena." They looked at each other and couldn't contain their smiles. Aelora looked over at Aegon, noticing he hadn't looked up this whole time. Aemond could see the way his brother was acting too, and he grew suspicious of his behavior. Viserys continued, "a toast to the young Princes and their betrothed." Daemon answered, "hear, hear," as they raised their cups. Criston wasn't standing that far away from the table, having the perfect view of the Princess. Aelora had seen him creeping, but she had no concerns. He noticed the Princess' looks at the Prince and softly shook his head. He could feel their sexual tension, and that was enough to tip him over the edge.

Aegon finally looked up. He had a plan to get under Aelora's skin, and he knew the perfect way to do so. He leaned over at Jace, sparking Aelora's interest. "Well done, Jace. You finally get to lie with a woman." Aelora scoffed at Aegon, but Jace simply put his cup down more harsh than usual. Viserys looked over at Luke, "let us toast as well Prince Lucerys, future lord of the tides." Luke was hiding his smile, but Aelora nudged his shoulder and gave him a reassuring nod. "Hear, hear," Rhaenyra answered. "You'll be great," Rhaena said to Luke. He gave his betrothed a smile in return.

Criston's hands grew itchy, was everybody truly that blind to notice what was going on between the Princess and the Prince? Perhaps they were, it wouldn't be the first time a Targaryen was sneaking around with her uncle, doing things they were not supposed to. Meanwhile, Aegon was still trying to irritate Aelora. He was still planning to announce his desire to marry the Princess, but something was keeping him from it. Aelora didn't know what it was that held him back, but she could feel her heart beating again because of it. Aegon's desire to marry her had nothing to do with love. Sure, he found her attractive, but this was a political statement. He knew she would reject him, and for that he had another plan: pushing her to the point where she might kill him for everybody to see. For that she'll have her head cut off, and he'll live happily ever after. If he couldn't get her when she was alive, no one would get her. But he needed to be patient.