𝟑𝟏

↬ 

𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 been pacing around the halls of Dragonstone for longer than he could remember. His daughter left at sunrise, and it was almost sundown. He turned his body to the window, praying for her safety. He made the choice of not following her because this was something she needed to do on her own, and he knew that she would make a wise choice. It was Aemond's judgment that he did not trust. He wasn't there to listen to the lies the Green cunt could whisper into her ears, and it frustrated him.

He evened his breathing as he felt a hand on his back. Baela smiled lovingly at her father, "where are your thoughts, father?" Daemon inhaled a breath as he turned his gaze back outside. "The future." He tilted his head to make eye contact with his second-eldest child. Baela's lip curled to the side at the thought of having a Queen sitting upon the Iron Throne. "Aelora will make a fine Queen, father." He nodded in agreement. "That is not what I worry about. It is the price that she had to pay for it." Baela lowered her head, "it is a price that will haunt her for the years that will follow." She then took her father's hands in her own as she searched for his eyes again. "But she is not alone."

Baela, too, was scared for the Princess's future. She could not read Aelora's mind, so she did not know how evolved her plan was. But whatever it was, even if it meant to kill everyone in sight, Baela would stand next to her. Not only because Aelora was her future Queen, but because Aelora was blood. And Baela would start a war if it meant she could protect the ones she loves.

A loud blow shook the castle of Dragonstone. Daemon held Baela close to him, placing his arm above her head to protect her. When he looked outside, he thought he was dreaming. Baela's mouth opened within seconds at the sight in front of her. Both Targaryens ran outside to witness history.

The people of Dragonstone looked in awe as Aelora lowered herself from the Cannibal's back. Mixed reactions were spread across their faces, unknown if they were out of fear or excitement. But not Daemon. No, he couldn't contain the smile across his lips as he watched his future Queen walk towards him and Baela.

Aemond landed shortly after, confused as he took in the two dragons that now belonged to his wife. He had always known she was special, and this only proved it more. He walked over to Aelora, and bent the knee right there and then. The people noticed and followed Aemond's movement, including Aelora's father and sister. Even the Sea Snake, in his condition, managed to bent the knee to her.

"My people," Aelora started. "Do not be frightened." She smiled at her dragons as both of them took off in the sky, Vhagar following behind them. "What you witness here has never been done before, so let that be a warning as to who you pledge your alliance to." Her eyes locked with the people around her. Everyone stood back steady on their feet, never taking their eyes off the Princess. They had already sworn to protect and serve her, none of them would dare to do otherwise. Especially now. "But, as I can see, you clearly know your rights from your wrongs." She smiled proudly at her father, who returned the gesture. Her husband stood beside her, their fingers laced together. "I do not wish for a war, nor do I wish to see King's Landing burn. It is not what my mother would have wanted, and neither do I." Aelora's voice remained stern as she spoke to her people. Daemon had been feeling a warmth in his heart that had been dimmed since his beloved wife had died. It was a feeling he would hold on to for as long as he was alive. Aelora reminded him so much of Rhaenyra, and he would make sure to place his little pearl upon that throne.

But he also knew that Aelora lacked a certain emotion. She lacked hatred for the Greens, and he was still in doubt of Aemond's intentions. That is where he saw Rhaenyra - compassion. It was Rhaenyra's greatest strength, and therefore her greatest downfall. He did not want to see his daughter follow his wife's path. He held her too dearly for that, and he wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

He turned his head to the other side, watching as a guard nodded his head at Daemon. He placed a kiss on Baela's temple, "I'll be back." Baela smiled at her father as he walked over to the guard. The Prince followed the guard inside, smiling to himself as to who would present herself there in the other room.

"I am delighted to see you have gotten my message," he remarked at the hooded person. "It is not like I had much choice, did I Prince Daemon?" Mysaria lowered her hood, throwing her long, dark curls to the front over her shoulders. She held her head up high, proving to him that she wasn't that easily intimidated. Daemon smirked as he looked at the ground. "Well, you could have always denied my request," he started as he walked over to her. "But it is in your best interest not to do that." He stopped right in front of her feet. Slowly lowering his head to make eye contact. "Well, I am here, aren't I? So what is it you want from me, exactly?" She inquired, head held high. "I don't need you," he quickly answered. His answer had taken her aback a little bit. "I need your network." Mysaria tilted her head to the side in confusion. Daemon inched his lips closer to her ears. "I want revenge."

Mysaria turned her confused gaze to his, "and how do you plan to get your revenge?" Daemon inhaled deeply, looking out the window at his daughter. Mysaria followed his stare. "She is strong, your firstborn." Daemon pulled the corner of his lip into a smile. "She was born for this," he answered. "But it is too soon for her to take on this role." He turned his eyes to Mysaria's, "it is my duty to protect her, so I will. I will take revenge in her place. Because no matter how strong she thinks she is, she couldn't handle what I am about to ask you." The mistress of whispers placed her hands on top of his.

"My loyalty lies to the Queen. Tell me what I need to do, and I will get it done, Prince Daemon."

Daemon noticed the warmth radiating through her hands.

"A son for a son, Lucerys will be avenged."

✺✺✺