𝟎𝟕

↬ 

𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧.

𝐀𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 and she became bored. She leaned against the ledge of a window while throwing her dagger  in the air a few times. She was trying to recreate the same motion that her father used, but she failed. Each time Wicked Eye would fly in the air, and land on the cold floor. She grew impatient with it all and put the dagger away again, strapped on her thigh. "Princess, may I escort you to your chambers?" A servant girl Aelora did not know asked. But Aelora's gaze fell on her brothers who were walking to the training ground. Aelora turned to the servant, she would really enjoy a hot bath and the ability to change out of her riding clothes, but she couldn't yet. "Later." She touched the servant's shoulder as a thank you and walked past her back down.

Aelora walked silently behind her brothers. Luke spoke, "it is smaller than I remember." Aelora chuckled, making her brothers turn around. "Come on now Luke, it looks exactly the same." Lucerys rolled his eyes as they kept walking. Jace fastened his pace down the stairs, allowing her to walk next to Luke. Luke kept his head down, while Jace kept his up. He was different from Luke, Lucerys was more timid and quicker to flee, while Jacaerys would rather stand his ground than be disrespected.

Aelora locked her arm with Luke's and offered him a sincere smile. "Keep your head up high, brother." Lucerys did what his sister said and together, arm in arm, they walked onto the field.

People around them could not keep their eyes in their eye sockets, and mouths began to move. Aelora very well knew what was being said, she however did not care. Because she knew, one wrong move from any of them, and she would have their head.

Jace ran to a dent in the wall and turned his face to his siblings, with a big grin plastered across it. "See? I told you this would still be here." Luke blew some air out of his mouth. Aelora could only smile at the excitement of her brother. Jace walked back to them. "And you thought you could swing Criston's Morningstar." Luke's eyes shifted to the weapons displayed on a table next to us. "And you almost took your own head off." Jacaerys ruffled through Luke's hair, making him chuckle in response.

Aelora parted from her brothers to take in the area. It had been so long since she stood here but everything was as she remembered. She could hear her brothers, Luke felt uneasy at the fact people were staring at them. Aelora walked up to them and threw her arms over their shoulders. "Who cares what they think?" Jace agreed, "it does not matter, brother." Aelora swiftly nodded her head. She placed small kisses on both their temples.

Loud noises were coming from behind them, sparking the interest of not only her brothers, but also herself. Her brothers walked over in a hurry, but she took her steps slow and careful. No one other than Criston Cole was training with a tall white-haired man. Aelora could not see very well because of the people in front of her, but she dug her nails deep in her hand out of fear for the possibility that it could be him. The man fell on the ground as Cole sliced his shield in two. He had a smug look on his face, one Aelora would not mind wiping off. She felt more confident in her fighting abilities, and she was almost sure she could take him.

The tall man did not surrender, he stood back up and swung his sword once more at Criston's head. But Criston dodged every move. They changed positions, giving Aelora the ability to see his face. Her face went pale as she took in the Targaryen beauty in front of her. The boy who left her so many years ago. The boy who perhaps could be the only one to make her feel alive. The boy who looked like death had kissed him herself. But she did not feel the things she felt so long ago, her heart did not allow her. But she was not surprised that Aemond Targaryen had grown into a fine young man. His tall frame that easily towers over the majority of people standing here. He had a slender frame, but she could see his muscles through his tunic.

He was a sight for sore eyes, a dragon fueled by the fire within his veins. And Aelora could see it all too well. She started circling around the mass watching. Trying to figure out his technique, but he was doing everything the same as Aelora would do. Criston swung a few more times but Aemond dodged every single one. Once he mastered the fight, he pointed his sword to Criston's neck. Aelora saw the look on her brothers faces, but they would learn. One day they will be as skilled as Aemond Targaryen, she promised herself.

"Well done, my Prince," Cole spoke. "You'll be winning tourneys in no time," he then added. Aemond's eye stayed on the knight as he spoke, "I don't give a shit about tourneys."

He twisted the sword in his hand. "Nephews," he started. "Have you come to train?" His whole attention was now focused on the two boys standing in the crowd. Aelora saw her brothers turn uneasy at the thought.

Aemond's mind however was going in a rapid speed. He saw the brothers of the girl he had left behind, the one he left his heart with. He wondered if she was here. Would she seek him out? Would she still feel the same as all those years ago? He didn't know, but he was nervous at the thought. He wanted to know what she looks like, how she smells, how her touch would feel beneath his. He wanted it all; just like he wanted her all those years ago.

He also knew how protective she was over her brothers. Something he couldn't wrap his mind around, since they were the ones to steal his eye. He called them out, in the hope she would jump in. And not to his surprise, she did.

"No, we are here on more important matters. Although I would not turn down a fight." And there she was. Aelora Targaryen in all her glory. Her hair fell loose behind her shoulders, her arms were crossed behind her back. The same pink blush on her cheeks, and the same piercing eyes. She had only grown a bit taller and more curvier, but apart from that she was even more beautiful than he could have ever imagined. He knew the princess would be angelic, but he truly did believe she had been created only for him. She was here. His white pearl was actually here.

"So, what do you say, uncle? Do you think you can take me on?"

✺✺✺