Chapter 20

Jungkook's POV

Serena left in a hurry... Justin is sick though so it makes sense I guess.

I brought my parents into my office and we sat on the sofas. I was pretty much finished with work anyway so I had time to chat.

MrJ: "Son, how long has that girl been working for you?"

"She was Namjoon's secretary for 3 years before we started the company merger. He said she was really good and can work for both of us and it's been going good so far."

MrJ: "I see."

It's weird my father is asking about Serena... "Why do you ask?"

MrJ: "Her son... Has she mentioned anything about the father?"

Ok, this is really weird...

"Just that he wasn't in the picture. He had other priorities. Bit of an asshole move if you ask me. What kind of person isn't there for their own child?"

Both my mother and father sat looking uncomfortable now for some reason.

"Why are you asking about Serena and her son?" I asked with confusion.

MrJ: "Son. Be careful of that girl. She's a sly conniving gold digging harlot."

"What are you talking about Appa?"

At this point, I noticed my mother looking down at her hand and she was spinning the wedding ring on her finger. My father, on the other hand, just looked mad.

MrJ: "A few years ago she came to us claiming that she was pregnant with your baby."

My eyes widened in shock and my heart dropped to my stomach.

Justin is... mine?

MrJ: "She wanted money but you were overseas studying at the time. She knew our family was wealthy and threatened to ruin your image and future career saying she would tell people the baby was yours and that you left her. She said if we gave her money then she would keep quiet about it and never tell you."

What the hell? This does not sound like the Serena I know. She would never do something like this...

MrJ: "We didn't want her to ruin you, so we gave her $500,000. I had a funny feeling about her though and I had a private investigator follow her during and not long after her pregnancy. The investigator found out she didn't put a name for the father on the birth certificate, meaning she doesn't even know who the father is. He managed to get the baby's DNA and confirmed that the baby is not yours. She was just lying to get our money!"

So Justin is not mine?

"This can't be real. Serena would never do something like that."

MrJ: "Believe me son, this is real. Now she's working for you and trying to weasel her way in for your heart to take your money. Don't fall for her, son."

Well that's a little late. I've already fallen in love with her.

JK: "No way. I can't believe this. She worked here before I even got here. This doesn't make sense. She wouldn't do something like that."

MrJ: "If you don't believe me then ask your mother. She was there when that girl threatened to ruin you."

My heart just kept dropping and dropping. I looked to my mother for confirmation. I'd believe my mother. She wouldn't lie to me.

She was still fiddling with her wedding ring but stopped when she noticed I was looking at her with worry and anxiousness.

"Eomma, is it true? Please tell me it's not..." I pleaded with my eyes.

I don't want to believe Siri has been using me all this time. I don't want to believe that she lied about Justin's father. I don't want to believe any of it.

My mother nodded her head once, "Listen to your father Jungkook-ah." Then she dropped her head again and went back to fiddling with her wedding ring.

I can't believe this. If my mother says it's true then it must be.

I sat stunned and was completely crushed.

MrJ: "Keep that girl away from you, son. She's trouble. Don't believe a thing she says. Best not associate yourself with her from now on."

My parents left and my mind was all over the place. I kept thinking that this is just ludacrous. That it can't be true.

But why would my parents lie to me?

They wouldn't.

Of course I would trust them. Especially my Eomma. She has the kindest soul and liked Siri back in highschool. So if my mother says to listen to my father, then I must.

I tried to replay everything my father said so I could come to terms with it.

Serena lied to my parents claiming the baby was mine.

She threatened to ruin me and asked my parents for money.

DNA confirmed Justin is not mine.

There's no father name on Justin's birth certificate because she doesn't know who the father is.

Because she was just a slut back then.

And she's a sly gold digging slut now.

>>>>>>
A/N: keep in mind - he only thinks this because who wouldn't trust their parents? He has no reason to not trust them- at this point anyway.
>>>>>>