Chapter 27

Jungkook's POV

I arrived at the hospital to find Jimin, Namjoon, Justin and Jimin's parents all with red, puffy eyes and red noses like they had just been crying.

Dread filled my entire being.

Oh No.

Please, no.

Don't let her be gone.

Not when I haven't told her I'm sorry and that I love her.

"Jimin?" I hesitantly called for him.

He and everyone else raised their heads at me. 

"W-what happened? Is Siri... Is she..." I couldn't finish my sentence. I didn't want to say it in case it was true.

Jimin looked so tired and defeated. Like he hadn't slept in days which he probably hasn't done. He sniffled and shook his head while squeezing Justin tight.

"She's still alive. For now. We almost lost her not long ago." His voice was raspy from all the crying he must have done.

Oh thank god! I felt some relief but still anxious that she's here in the first place and the fact she almost died.

JM: "Someone ran a red light and crashed into her car Saturday night. She hasn't woken up since the accident. She went into cardiac arrest not long ago but the doctors saved her. What are you doing here anyway? How'd you even know she was here?"

"My parents told me everything. The truth this time. My mother had someone watching Siri in case my father did something and they told us Siri was here."

JM: "So you believe Siri now?"

I nodded my head. "I'm sorry. I hate the last things I said to her. I'm here to make things right."

JM: "Don't apologise to me. Apologise to her when she wakes up. IF she wakes up..." He said sadly and my heart dropped at that. 

"Mr Kookie?"

I looked at the little guy in Jimin's arms who called out for me. Hair a mess, eyes puffy and red as can be. Full pout on show.

Fuck.  He really does look like me.  How could I not see it?

"Yeah buddy?" I said softly.

Justin got out of Jimin's arms and walked up to me. I crouched down to his level and rubbed his sides to comfort him.

"You're not bwainwashed anymore right? You know you're my daddy now?" He asked in a cute and hopeful voice while giving me the biggest innocent eyes.

Everyone's eyes widened at what he said, including me.   He knew???

JM: "Justin, how'd you know?" He asked from behind Justin.

"I heard you and mommy talking about Mr Kookie being my dad. I asked mommy before the cwash. She said a bad man bwainwashed Mr Kookie so he didn't know he was my appa."

Wow. What a story. But a true story.

"Mommy said it was like in the Awengers movie, where the Arrow man was contwolled by Loki. She said only the really strong heroes can fight the bwainwashing. You not bwainwashed anymore right Mr Kookie? You're strong like the heroes? Like Iron Man?"

Shit. My heart was melting and I felt tears swell in my eyes.
She made me out to be a hero in his eyes when I haven't been there for him at all...

She really cared for me. She really loved me.

How did she raise our son to be like this? 

Jimin too. I know she couldn't have done it without him too.

JK: "That's right, little man. I'm not brainwashed anymore. I know I'm your dad now." I gave him a smile as tears fell down my face that I wiped up quickly.

He smiled so widely and his eyes lit up in pure happiness.

JK: "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you before but I promise you, I will be here for you and your mom from now on, ok? I love you buddy."

I pulled Justin into my arms and hugged him tight. He hugged me back too. It was our first moment as father and son and I will cherish this and every moment afterwards.

"I love you too Mr Kookie." He mumbled over my shoulder and I hugged him tight again.

I pulled away from our hug to look at him and fix his hair. "You can call me dad or appa now, ok?"

"Okay!" He said happily.

I looked at Jimin and he gave me a small smile and a nod while he sat on Namjoon's lap.

JK: "Can we see Siri?"

JM: "The doctors were running some tests and said we had to wait for the results before we could go in."

I nodded and lifted Justin into my arms and sat on a chair to wait with everyone. 

>>>>>>