The scars of the past, the maiden's decision.

Chapter 7
The scars of the past, the maiden's decision.

A warm ray of light hovered over the place, the dancing of the roses and the falling leaves of the trees were accompanied by the singing of birds, a utopian image of what could be said to be a small paradise. Meanwhile, a young couple walked through the site, Azusa, she who was once called the witch of the highlands and Touya, he who was known as the noblest duke of their world.

"Still you feel doubts, or am I wrong?" - Touya mentioned seriously.

"I know that things will never be the same from today, however, I cannot leave him alone... Rimuru once helped me, he gave me back my smile and hope when I lived through dark times... it is my duty, my responsibility to do the same for him" - stated Azusa while watching a small cat-like creature licking the wound of a paw of his companion who was motionless. To Azusa, it seemed as if heaven itself was giving her help to accomplish her task.

"I see it's someone very special to you" - Touya said somewhat dejectedly as he saw the same scene, suddenly a third, slightly larger cat brought a fish and shared it with them.

"You and I have someone who has been with us since we lost our loved ones... You to your sisters... I to my adoptive mother, but Rimuru..." - she said somewhat seriously as she paused and closed her eyes, suddenly she was filled with memories of the past, of the moment when for an instant she thought she could stay and live in Tempest.

"You have your close ones, or am I wrong?" - Touya answered in a serious manner. But deep down he couldn't help but be a little envious of Rimuru, for him, following with the people as well as the nation I create was something that made him long for his time in the mortal world. "For him, everything changed after Chloe..." - Azusa replied, but soon stopped talking."Who is Chloe?" - Touya questioned. Somewhat intrigued.

"According to what Benimaru, one of Rimuru's most loyal servants, told me, Chloe was one of the suitors Rimuru had before he met him, he had four girls who were interested in him, All of them were special to Rimuru.... Milim, the Demon King, was the girl somewhat easy to irritate but very loving and loyal; Shuna, the sacred princess of the Kijin's, she always helped him when it came to diplomatic relations as well as serving as his representative in his absence in his nation; Shion; his personal secretary, who despite being a disaster as a secretary and cook, had a place in his heart... But Chloe, she was someone completely different. " - Azusa affirmed.
Touya just remained silent, as he continued to listen, but something echoed in his head,

"someone different", he wondered as he slowly began to remember someone he met years ago, a girl who was by the side of the Goddess of space and time.
The more they walked through the garden of Babylon the conversations kept flowing -

"Chloe was the most powerful heroine in Rimuru's world, one day she disappeared from Tempest without saying anything to anyone, at first they did not take much importance, due to her abilities she could come and go whenever she wanted, however, as the days passed Rimuru became worried, and it was not for less she never came back. The years passed and Rimuru could not stop being worried, he did everything possible to find her, however, nothing paid off, nothing, until one day a young and small Chloe visited him in his rooms. According to what Benimaru said, Rimuru told everyone that Chloe would never return to that world... not until she repaired the grave fault she committed" - Azusa pointed out in a worried way.

"I guess Chloe was a very special girl to him" - Touya said in a Serene way.

"Rimuru became very depressed, so much so that he even changed his kind and gentle personality into a somewhat depressive and lonely one, he never forgave himself for the loss Chloe, the change was such that even the other three girls decided to take some time as well as give him space to recover, they took turns with each other so they could spend time with Rimuru and try to comfort him, but he was starting to show reluctance to the idea. Shortly after he was summoned by us to help us with my daughters' problem, that's when I met him." - Azusa pointed out.

"I understand... I understand your concern, I understand that losing a loved one is a terrible thing, and that you want to help him mitigate his pain, but, the fact is that he already reaped the lives of countless people, that is an unforgivable act, and he will have to answer for what happened" - stated Touya in a somewhat authoritative manner.