Day 7. The Hero appears

"Faster, Epona! Faster, girl!" The Hero urged his trusty steed towards the pandemonium that had been unleashed upon the unassuming settlement. His tanned figure was battered by the wind hitting his face and it went through his wild golden hair with reddened tips tied up in a tail.

Word has spread swiftly that the forces of darkness had launched a surprise attack after being dormant for so very long. He knew that something had gone terribly wrong the moment that The Mercenary, his brother-in-arms, had gone missing without as much as a notice to those closest to him. Yes, it wasn't at all uncommon for The Final Knight to vanish from the Kingdom of Hyrule, but what was completely out of character was him not letting his siblings-in-arms know. What was worse, not even the branch of Watchdogs that operated within Hyrule knew where The First Supreme Commander was.

For all intents and purposes, he had gone M.I.A.... missing in action.

Epona neighed as she leapt over an improvised and burning barricade, rushing past destroyed houses and through dilapidated pathways once bursting with life. Carbonised corpses littered the whole desolate landscape as thick black clouds blocked out the sun, the only orange being the menacing and all-consuming glow of the fire. Link gritted his teeth and steeled his heart, steering his steed towards the marketplace at the centre and the mansion that served as a safe house for one of the most important items belonging to the Royal Family of Hyrule. It had been passed down for generations ever since the Era of Time tens of thousands of years in the past.

His keen and wolfish senses were able to sift through the cinder and decay, finding the one that he'd been searching for so long. It was The Bearer of The DOOM Slayer... and he could hear his roar... What he realised made his blood run cold. It wasn't the roar of rage that he knew, the one that heralded the coming of The DOOM Slayer to feast on the blood of the wicked. No... this growl carried a pain that he'd never heard from him before. Ironically or not, the uncaged and unchained beast and predator was caged and chained.

This was wrong on too many levels and breaking into the market only further confirmed the fact. He pulled on Epona's reins and she reared back on her hind feet while neighing powerfully. The Blade of Evil's Bane was unsheathed and he held it to the side, its ring reaching the ears of The Mercenary. Swiftly, he dismounted and helfted his Hylian Shield at the ready as he faced Dynamo.

"Georgian... I don't know what exactly happened to you..." Link spoke firmly, more to himself as he wasn't sure how much his brother-in-arms was able to register in this dire state. "Though I know that it is not your real self. You would never do this willingly." As he uttered, he brought his shield forward and held the Master Sword over his head at an elevated position, the blade beginning to glow in response to the demonic presence at which he pointed the tip. "You would want to be stopped and I know how crushed you will be that you did this..."

The Final Knight slowly straightened and turned, growling as he bared his predatory canines and breathing heavily through sharp teeth.

"Which is why I will stop you, my brother..." He affirmed absolutely before letting out a fearless warcry as The Maddened Slayer pounced. "I WILL SAVE YOU FROM YOURSELF!!!"