Day 19. The Mercenary is the Most Wanted

Coming down the hills from the north, The Mercenary tried to move as fast as he could and be as inconspicuous as possible. It was a matter that would prove very difficult, the taint that lingered within him which made it virtually impossible to have The DOOM Slayer recede completely and that was only one of the obstacles. He could hear what the survivors were conversing about and it gave rise to the images of the incidents in his mind.

The Final Knight gritted his teeth as they flashed before his eyes, glimpses of what he'd done in the Maddened Eden-sterred Savagery. His face contorted at the cries that still echoed, and the odour of fear and death invaded his nostrils, all of it causing his control to slip from his grasp again. It was both twisted and amplified in his current condition. He tightly clenched his fists at his sides, moving onwards furthermore until he sighted the one thing that made his blood run to absolute zero and below, colder than the Herebus Mountains of Hell.

A wanted poster... right there... in Kakariko Village... in the Kingdom of Hyrule that had been like a home away from home for him...

'WANTED' inscribed at the top of the parchment with a portrayal of him roaring in Maddened Savagery, canines sharp like a Sabretooth's and covered in the blood of his victims. Beneath was the stipulation that he was to be apprehended either alive or just brought in as a corpse. He couldn't have either happen, especially when killing him was impossible...

Then he saw the sum... one million rupees.

Whoever put out this poster was extremely wealthy... maybe even connected to the Royal Family... If he had made enemies of them due to what had occurred... The Second Hellwalker would be devastated. The simple thought that it could've happened resulted in a spiral within his already battered psyche, further control slipping.

Dynamo's breathing fastened drastically, his expression contorting with distress. Too late, as a horrified shriek cut through the air he realized that he'd been standing still in the open... he'd been spotted...