Chapter 10: Broken Hearts Everywhere

When I wake up to blazing rays of sunlight seeping through the nearby window, I perk up. Hastily, I move through my daily morning routine, excited to see Itachi this morning. I haven't felt this way about someone in my entire life——romance is pretty scarce back in my world. When I emerge from the bathroom, I discover him sitting on the couch, just as he does every morning. He's reading a dense book.

"Hi," he says, glancing up at me as soon as he senses my presence, "You're up early today."

I nod once.

"I know. I had some trouble sleeping," I admit, "My mind was racing after everything that happened yesterday."

I wring my hands anxiously, becoming bashful all of a sudden. He stands from the couch and approaches me. I exhale as he cuddles me gently in his arms, placing a kiss on the top of my forehead.

"Sorry, Y/N, I didn't mean to stress you out."

I shake my head.

"You didn't! I'm just——"
Before I can utter another word, a loud knock comes from the door, startling me.

Itachi rolls his eyes as he walks toward it, unlocking it and propping it ajar.

"Itachi Uchiha," my best friend's voice sneers, "Where's Y/N? I need to see her. I have something extra-special planned for today."

Itachi reluctantly allows Deidara to come inside the complex, and the blonde smiles at me once he lays eyes on me.

"I love the change in outfit, Y/N, my girl," He declares.

I notice Itachi tense up a bit as Deidara says "my girl" in reference to me.

"Thanks, Deidara," I respond, "So, what do you have planned?"

He beckons for me to join him in the doorway and I do as requested, even though Itachi doesn't seem to be very fond of the idea.

These two really don't like each other. That puts me in a tough position, considering I love spending time with both of them.

"Come with me," Deidara requests, "Don't worry, Itachi, I won't keep her for too long, so no need to bitch at me."

I chuckle a bit at Itachi's disgusted expression. But he softens up as his gaze shifts to me.

"Alright. I'll see you soon, Y/N," he says.

I wave goodbye to him and then follow Deidara out of the door.

"Where are we going?" I ask, curious what as to the lovable maniac has come up with now.

He doesn't answer me, claiming that it's a surprise.

Once we're beyond the hideout, he lifts me by the waist onto his clay bird before climbing up himself.

"We're going really high today, so make sure you hold on tight," he informs me.

With those few words, the bird begins to ascend at a frighteningly fast rate. I grapple onto Deidara's torso to ensure I don't fall off.

"You good back there?" He checks.

"Yeah, I'm alright!"

Soon, the bird evens out its flight pattern and I gasp in awe as I find myself above the clouds.

"Deidara! This is amazing!" I exclaim, "Is this what you wanted to show me today?"
He shakes his head and I widen my eyes. 

The surprise gets even better than this?

Deidara suddenly stands as I remain sitting, fearful of plummeting to the ground should I lose my balance.

"Let the art show begin!" He announces, "KABOOM!"