Chapter 4: Big Ol' Octopus

Still got nothing to say, let's get to it, hope you like it

Y/N POV

I awake extra early the next day, take a quick shower, put my hero suit on, and throw some clothes on top which were a Bamboo Hat, Camo zip hoodie, and Green rain boots

(Best photo I could get)

Y/N- " Alright, let's get going"

I head downstairs and see Pearl in the living room

Pearl- " Heading out?"

Y/N- " Yeah, I'm heading to work"

Marina walks into the room soon, and I tell her I'm heading out for work.

Marina- "Oh, we can just drive you if you want."

Y/N that would be nice, thanks"

Marina- " No problem, we just have to get a few things ready first."

After a few minutes, we all head out the door, and I see how large the property really is. The mansion is on a hill, with a large open area with a few trees around it. There's also a long path that leads to a gate about half a mile away. To our left, there is a small bus that leads down the path to the gate.

Y/N- " You guys have a bus to get to the gate?"

Pearl- " Yeah, my property is, like, huge."

Y/N- " Clearly..."

We hop on the bus and it takes us to the gate in about a minute. We exit the bus, and there is a limo waiting outside the gate. We enter the limo and it takes us to the square. In a few minutes, the limo stops in the square outside Off The Hooks studio.

 Marina- " Alright, we're here. I'll give you my number so you can text me when you're ready to be picked up, ok?"

Y/N- " Yeah I got it, and thanks for driving me here"

Pearl- " yo, it's no problem"

Y/N- " Well, see ya later, bye"

Pearl and Marina- " Bye!"

I walk over to the sewer grate and make sure no one's looking before swimming in. I exit the grate and am in Octo Canyon. I look around for Marie but don't see her anywhere. Then, I see a note where she usually stands. It reads-

" Go to Sector 2, I'm waiting"

I walk over to the launch pad and jump to sector 2. When I land, I see Marie, looking impatient. when she sees me, she walks over.

Marie- " You're here. Now get to work"

Y/N- " Yeah, and look, Marie, I'm sor-"

Marie- " Quiet. Get to work, now"

I sigh and look around for the kettles and get to work splatting Octarians. After a few hours, and trying to apologize unsuccessfully, There is only the boss kettle left. I Prepare myself and swim into the kettle.

Sheldon- " Can you use this weapon? I could REALLY use some more data on it."

 The weapon he gives me is the Hero Roller. I look around and I'm in a round arena, and the Mini Zap Fish, is hanging from the ceiling. I use the launch pad in front of me and land in the arena. A tentacle comes out of the ground, and grabs the Mini Zap fish, and pulls him under. A round Octarian comes out of the ground on a comically small unicycle and a comically large roller. He wheels towards me on his unicycle. I Ink the area around me and the boss swings his roller down onto me. I dodge out of the way and hit him a few times with the roller before he somehow jumps away. All of the sudden, he plants his roller into the ground, and it... STARTS REVVING!?

Sheldon- " That's... the latest in Octarian weapon technology! The Octocycle!"

Y/N- " That's hilarious"

The Octocycle then charged at me and I barely jumped out of the way in time. After charging, the boss is tired, so I run over and splat him with the roller. After I splat him, a tentacle pops out of the ground and I splat that too. The boss then respawns and I super jump away. When I look at him, his roller flips side way's and he screams. He cycles over and hits the ground 3 times with his now sideways roller. I get a few hits on him when his eyes flash and he spins around with his roller on the ground, and I don't have the time to dodge before the roller collides with me, and my shield breaks while I go flying across the arena and hit the ground with a thud. Back at Cuttlefish Cabin, Marie sees this and starts to get nervous. Back in the arena...

Y/N- " Holy shit that hurt..."

I struggle to my feet and see him charging up his cycle. I run to the side to dodge and my shield reforms. I get a few more hits on him and he splats. A tentacle pops out again and I splat it then super jump away. He re-spawns again, and he flips his roller again, but this time, it starts spinning. Uh Oh. He hits the ground with it and it shoots a wave forward from where he hit, and I just barely dodge. Suddenly, he launches towards me and slams the ground I feel his roller graze one of my tentacles and I fall over. I quickly stand up and start hitting him as hard as I can with my roller, When he hits me with another spin attack and this slams into me, very hard. My shield breaks, and I'm sent flying again, but this time I land on my leg weirdly, and I hear a snap. (I know they don't have bones, but shut) 

Y/N- " FUCK!!"

I see the boss looming over me ready to swing and end my life.

Marie POV

Marie- " Y/N!"

An explosion of his ink occurs, and I cover my eyes.

Marie- "Y-Y/N..?"

I Have tears rolling down my face. I can't believe I didn't give him a chance to apologize, this is all my fault. I look back at the screen, but what I see surprises me. The boss is gone, and he's are standing there, propped up by your roller, looking utterly exhausted.

Marie- " Y/N! You're Alive!"

I can't believe it, how did he kill the boss?

Y/N POV

The boss is about to splat me when an explosion happens.

Y/N- " Thank Cod..."

I had just enough ink to make a bomb, and if it blew up 1 second later, I would have died. I limp over to the Zap Fish and grab it. I pop out of the kettle and see Marie running over to me. Right before I collapse, she catches me and sets me down.

Marie- " Oh thank Cod you're ok! I thought I was gonna lose you!"

Marie starts to cry

Marie- " I'm so sorry I didn't let you apologize, I'm so sorry for being so rude to you!"

I wipe a tear from her face and smile.

Y/N- " It's ok, Marie. I was wrong for being late, and for that, I am sorry"

Marie- " Don't apologize, I was wrong. I shouldn't have expected so  much from you on your first day."

I smile again and start to lose consciousness, but before I pass out, I feel something on my cheek. 

Y/N- ( did she just kiss me?)

That was my last thought before blackness washed over me.

End of chapter 4

This is the longest chapter yet, and I got it all done today, which is great. Hope you enjoyed the boss battle, I know I enjoyed writing it. Hope you liked the chapter

- The Kool Guy

1256 Words