Prologue: In the Sand

Heat

Lots of heat.

The sun blares down on the Splatlands desert.

Sand blows across the land, and heat mirages obscure the horizon. In the distance, a tall, rusty, metal structure lies upside down in a large crater.

Even further into the distance, a large city can be seen. But, that's not important right now. What is important, is that there is an inkling lying in the sand.

He is a young-ish man, maybe about 23-24. His clothes are tattered and worn out. He has a ripped-up, blood-stained camo hoodie and a broken bamboo hat lays next to him. He is passed out, seeming to have been there for hours.

Suddenly, a small creature walks up to him. It appears to be a small, fish-like thing. The creature sniffs the Inkling and makes a strange, warbling noise. It walks away, only to return shortly with a worn-out blanket. The creature lays the blanket on top of the Inkling, lays down next to him, and falls asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------

It's now night. The Inkling jolts awake. He checks his surroundings and sees he's in the middle of the desert.

'What the hell happened?'

He looks to his right and sees a small fry, fast asleep.

'Wait, where's my stuff?'

The Inkling checks his pockets and finds nothing. He begins to panic and looks around, still seeing nothing. Suddenly he remembers what happened to him.

*Flashback*

It was a nice day in Inkopolis... is what I would have said if that were true. The entire city was abandoned. People left because they found the place, not 'fresh' anymore. Everyone moved to Splatsville, the new, hot city. They have a new idol group called Deep Cut. Their members are Shiver, a blue-haired Octoling, and Frye, a yellow-haired Inkling with a very large forehead, seriously, her forehead is massive. you could land a plane on that thing. Anyways, their final member is Big Man, a manta ray who only says Ay!

My girlfriends Callie, Marie, Marina, and I decided to move to a large house outside Splatsville, all together. I became a scavenger to make some money and support us all. One day, I was in the Splatlands, looking for anything of value to sell, when I came upon something sparkling under the sand. I dug it up and saw the 4th most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It was a large, red gem, about the size of my fist. But, when I went to put it into my bag, I heard a click behind me. I turned around, and see a masked man pointing a shotgun at me. I immediately drop the gem and put my hands in the air.

???- "Hand it over, now."

I kick the gem over to the assailant.

???- "Good, good... Down on the ground, before I blow your brains out."

I lay on the ground, hands behind my head. Is this how it ends, face down in the sand? I'm gonna miss all my friends, and especially my girlfriends. I hope they'll be ok without me.

???- "Night night."

*Thwack*

---------------------------------

*End of Flashback*

So, that's what happened. I should probably get back home. Oh yeah, the fish.

Y/N- "Hey, little buddy, do you want to come with me?"

Little buddy, or LB for short, makes a happy noise and follows behind me as we walk back to my house. This is going to be a long walk back.

--------------------------------

End of Prologue

The Kool Guy

555 Words