Chapter 2: New job

"Dialogue"

'Thoughts'

*Action/sound*

Not a whole lot to say, just enjoy.

Y/n POV

Y/n- "First of all, where is this? How do I do my job?"

She rubs the bridge of her nose, somehow mad at me for not knowing how to do this job that I was forced into.

Marie- "This is Tentakeel Outpost, there are kettles around the area and they are invisible, so you got to shoot them to make them appear. Swim into the kettles, kill the Octarians inside, and get the Mini Zapfish. Got it?"

Y/N- "Yeah, I think I got it... Is it too late to quit?"

Marie- "Yes. Yes it is"

Y/N- "Figures"

Marie- "Just...do your job."

Y/N- "Yes ma'am..."

I begin to walk away, but Marie stops me.

Marie- "Oh, and you're gonna need this!"

She tosses a gun toward me. I catch it and inspect it. It seems to be a P90, but it shoots ink instead of bullets. I connect it to my ink tank and continue forward. I walk out into the rest of the outpost and look around the area. The whole thing is somehow floating. Weird... huh, the air right here looks strange, as if something has been cloaked, but not very well. Marie did say the kettles are invisible... I point the gun at it and pull the trigger, firing bullets of ink at the kettle. The bullets collide with the kettle, revealing it fully. I stand on top of the grate on the top of the kettle.

Y/N- 'Alright, here goes nothing...'

I enter my squid form, and swim into the kettle, ready for whatever is inside...

Timeskip brought to you by: 

Ha! I just saw some idiot enter the sewers, and left his suitcase! I've hit the jackpot! I grab it and run back home. When I get inside, I unzip the suitcase and see that... the only thing inside is a bottle of water and a half-empty bag of chips. Goddamnit!

Y/N- "WHAT THE FLOP IS THAT!?"

A gigantic oven is towering above me. It has tons of doors, all with living bread inside. The bread keeps popping out, trying to hit me. I have to dodge out of the way, or death is pretty much certain. Eventually, all of the bread pops out and stays out. I ink the bread, completely ruining its flavor, but it lets me swim on top of it and splat the tentacle on top.

Y/n- "Ship! This sucks..."

The bread then gets armor. Armored bread... The fight doesn't get much harder after this. But, when I splat the tentacle again, it gets MORE armor and a glazing machine. I would normally say yummy, but instead of Krispy Krab donuts, it's gross Octarian ink. Of course, since I'm so cool, I end up winning the fight. but not without being incredibly exhausted. I exit the boss kettle and stumble to the exit, but I'm stopped by Marie.