Chapter 14: Out of a Job

Suck it, Octavio. When I do Splatoon 3, should I make it a separate book, or just keep using this one? Let me know. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

No one's POV

*Off the Hook intro plays*

Pearl- "Y'all know what time it is!"

Marina- "It's Off the Hook coming at you live from Inkopolis square!"

Pearl- "Check it! Here are the current regular battle sta- HOLD YOUR SEAHORSE MARINA! We have breaking news!"

Marina- "Wait... WHAT?!"

Pearl- "The Great Zapfish is back? THE GREAT ZAPFISH IS BACK! AW YEAH"

Marina- "I'm so happy right now! I have to get a picture of this!"

Pearl- "Hmm... For some reason, I remember it being bigger than that..."

I shut off the TV in the living room. I stand up and pop my back.

Y/N- "Welp, now I'm jobless."

I decide to head out and go job hunting. I first check out Grizz Co. I enter the building and walk up to the small bear statue.

Mr. Grizz- "Hey Kid, what is it?"

Y/N- "Hello, I'm here to apply for a full-time position."

Mr. Grizz- "I don't have any open jobs, get out."

Y/N- "Damn"

Mr. Grizz- "Damn indeed. Now leave."

I exit the building and head towards Ammo Knights. I enter the building and walk up to Sheldon.

Y/N- "Hey Sheldon! Do you have any job openings?"

Sheldon- "Of course! Ijustneedyoutoreadthis50pagecontractwhichstatesthatyoucan'tsuemenomatterwhatinjuriesyousustainandyouneedtobewillingtobeatestsubjectforanynewweaponsIcreatesohopefullythatwon'tbeaproblemandyou-"

I exit the building and leave Sheldon to ramble on to no one. I check all the other stores, and no one had a job for me. This suscks. There is only 1 place left to try, The Crust Bucket. I walk up to the truck and ring the bell on the counter. Crusty Sean then walks up to the counter.

Crusty Sean- "What's Kraken!"

Y/N- "Hey Sean! Do you have any job openings, by any chance?"

Crusty Sean- "Actually, my cook just quit, so I've had to cook myself. Would you be my cook?"

Y/N- "Of course!"

Crusty Sean- "Great! You start... Right now!"

Crusty Sean then throws an apron and hat at me. I put them on and enter the truck.

Crusty Sean- "Instructions on how to make each meal are on the wall, and ingredients are on the left, got it?"

Y/N- "Got it!"

I tighten my apron, grab my spatula, and get ready to cook some damn good food.

Crusty Sean- "Deep Fried Schwaffle!"

Y/N- "Yes sir!"

I get to frying the Schwaffle. In about 2 minutes, I have a Deep Fried Schwaffle ready to gobble. I give the Schwaffle to Sean, and he serves to who ordered it. After whipping up some Schwaffles and Seanwichs all day, my shift is finally over.

Crusty Sean- "Wow, you did great today, Y/N! I made a good choice in hiring you!"

Y/N- "Thank you, Sean!"

I then go back home. I see Jim's car and walk up to it.

Y/N- "Hey Jim! Could you take me home?"

Jim- "Of course! Hop in!"

I sit in the passenger seat, and Jim drives me home. I then remember what happened on the day I defeated Octavio.

Y/N- "Jim, how did you know where to go when I said to go to Octocanyon?"

Jim- "Well, I used to be a part of the Squidbeak Splatoon."

Y/N- "Wait, WHAT!?"

Jim- "Yup! I was a part of it about 100 or so years ago! I've even worked with the legendary Captain Cuttlefish!"

Y/N- "How old are you!?"

Jim- "126"

Y/N- " You look great for your age. Were you a part of the Great Turf  War?"

Jim- "Yup!"

(He is the mystery man Inkling in the photo

(He is the mystery man Inkling in the photo.)

Y/N- "Wow, you are awesome."

Jim- "Well thank you. I think you're pretty amazing too. Saving Callie and the Great Zapfish at once."

Y/N- "Thank you, Jim."

Jim is a hero. We park outside of the house, and I head inside. I walk into the living room and see Pearl and Marina on the couch.

Y/N- "Hey guys!"

Marina- "Hey honey!'

Pearl- "Get a room."

Y/N- "Later. Anyways, I got a job!"

Marina- "Yay! What is it?"

Y/N- "I'm Crusty Sean's new chef."

Marina- "Oooh, Nice."

Y/N- "Oh, hey, did you two know that Jim is a war hero?"

Pearl- "Really?"

Y/N- "Yeah, he was part of the legendary Squidbeak Splatoon!"

I show them the picture and point out Jim in the photo.

Marina- "Wow, that's so cool!"

Y/N- "It really is"

End of Chapter 14

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. I know it's not super long, but that's ok. What do you think of Jim being a war hero? I wanted to make him more important. Remember to leave a title suggestion on the post I made.

- The Kool Guy

740 Words