Chapter 6: Get Stomped, Nerd

Let's get into it. Another boss battle in this chapter, guess which one? ( Hint: The photo above)

Y/N POV

It's been a while since I hung out with Marie, and my leg is done healing

(I didn't want to keep writing with his leg in mind so I skipped the 2 weeks of recovery)

I get my hero clothes on, with the outfit mentioned in chapter 4 over top of it. I head out of my room and into the kitchen. I see Marina preparing some cereal.

Marina- " Good morning Y/N"

Y/N- " mornin', what are you eating?"

Marina- " Oh, just some Cuttlefish Crunch" ( Ha, get it?)

Y/N- " Can I get some too?"

Marina- " Of course!"

Marina pours some cereal into a bowl, then pours the milk. She hands me the bowl.

Marina- " Going somewhere?"

Y/N- " Work"

Marina- " What is your job, anyway?"

Uh Oh.

Y/N- "uhh... full-time at Grizz Co."

Marina- " Does it pay well?"

Y/N- " Very well"

Y/N- " Very well indeed

Y/N- " Very well indeed..."

Marin- " Wait I thought your boss was a wom-?"

Y/N- " ANYWAYS, got to get to work, bye!"

I speed walk out the door, before remembering walking would take forever. I Head back inside and ask Marina if she could drive me. She said yes, and we rode the shuttle bus down to the gate.

Marina- " Jim will drive you to the square, Ok?"

Y/N- " Got it"

I hop in the passenger seat of the car and see an older Inkling in the driver's seat

Jim- " You must be Y/N!"

Y/N- " Sure am. Can you please take me to the square?"

Jim- " Of course!"

I like Jim. In a few minutes, we're in the square. I say bye to Jim, make sure no one is looking, and enter the sewer grate. I Pop out and don't see Marie, but see a note where she's usually at

" Head over to sector 3"

I walk to the launchpad and head over to sector 3. I see Marie waiting for me there. I walk over to her.

Marie- " Good, you're here. Hope you're ready to splat some Octolings!"

Y/N- " You Betcha!"

Marie- " That's what I like to see!"

She then slaps my butt.

Y/N- "....... Never do that ever again, EVER, Ok?"

Marie- " sorry..."

I spend a few hours clearing out the kettles. with only 1near death experience, but that's not important, It would take too much time to wri-

Fix The wall, Now

Sorry. Anyways, after I clear all the kettles, only the boss kettle remains.

Marie- " You ready, 4?"

Y/N- " Never been more ready."

Marie- " Good, I believe in you."

Y/N- " So do I"

With that, I Swim into the kettle. I exit onto a small platform with a launchpad. I look to see I'm armed with the Hero Dualies. I use the launchpad and land in an arena. A mini Zap Fish hangs from the ceiling, and like always, a tentacle comes out of the ground and grabs it. A large cube comes out of the ground, and, IT HAS A FACE?! The cube roars.

Marie- " Uh oh, an Octostomp. Be careful, Y/N. These things are dangerous"

The Octostomp slides across the ground. I use the dualies dodge to avoid it hitting me. After it stops sliding, it faceplants into the ground.

Marie- " Ink the side, and climb it to splat the tentacle!"

I follow her directions, and ink the sides of Octostomp, climb up it and splat the tentacle. I super jump away, and the Octostomp stands up, and somehow gets body armor. That ain't good.

Marie- " Shoot the buckle on its face, then you can ink its sides!"

I start shooting at the buckle, but then it starts sliding toward me, and I can't dodge in time. My shield gets broken and I'm winded. I get back up and start shooting at the buckle until it breaks, then the cube jumps away on its teeny tiny legs. It slides toward me again, and I dodge out of the way, then ink its sides when it faceplants. I swim up the side and splat its tentacle. I super jump away again. It stands up and gets more armor, but this time it has 2 more faces!

Y/N- " The fuck?"

It charges me again, but I couldn't dodge far enough, so I get hit by one of its faces. My armor breaks, and I fall over to the ground. I catch my breath and stand up. As soon as I stand up, I see the Octostomp charging at me. Right before it hits me, my armor reforms, and I survive the hit. I struggle to my feet and start shooting the buckle. The buckle breaks and The Octostomp jumps away. It charges again, but this time I'm ready. I dodge out of the way, and ink and climb his side. I splat his tentacle again, then super jump away. The Octostomp starts to glow and expand, then it blows up, spreading my ink all over the arena. There's a Sardinium where he blew up. I pick it up and walk over to the Zap Fish. I break its barrier and grab it. I exit the arena and see Marie running up to me.

Marie- " Are you Ok?"

Y/N- " Yeah, I'm fine."

Marie- " You did well out there."

Y/N- " Thanks. You helped too, telling me to shoot the buckle."

Marie- " I guess I'm just that great"

Y/N- " Sure... Anyways, I should probably get home so I'll be on time for dinner."

Marie- " Alright, you get going now. Stay Fresh!"

I head through the sewer grate and end up in the square I see Jim's car nearby and walk over.

Y/N- " Hey, what's up Jim?"

Jim- " Oh, not much. You ready to go home?"

Y/N- " Sure am"

I sit in the passenger seat and Jim starts the car up. We drive for a few minutes until we get back to the house.

Jim- " See you later, Y/N!"

Y/N- " Bye Jim!"

I like Jim.

End of chapter 6

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and also liked Jim, I know I did. I would have gotten this done yesterday, but I had a really bad cough that's only just now starting to go away.

- The Kool Guy

1033 Words