Chapter 9: Jumbo Shrimp

Thank you sooo much for the 500 reads! I'm glad you all enjoy my story, I enjoy writing it. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Y/N POV

I awake in the morning due to the sun burning my eyes. I rub my eyes and get out of bed. I take a quick shower, then put some clothes on. I walk downstairs and head to the kitchen. I don't see anyone, so I decide to make some breakfast. I turn on the stove, grab a pan and some pancake mix, and get to cooking. After a bit, the pancakes are done. I grab a plate and some syrup, then head to the dining room. I drown the pancakes in syrup, then scarf them down. I finish them in 47 seconds. After I'm done, Marina walks into the room.

Marina- " Oh, good morning, Y/N!"

Y/N- " Oh, hey. I made pancakes if you want some"

Marina- " Thanks"

Y/N- " No problem!"

Marina grabs some pancakes and then sits down next to me.

Marina- " So, I wanted to know if maybe you wanted to... hang out? Today?"

Y/N- " Sure, I ain't got anything else to do."

Marina- " Yes! So, what should we do?"

Y/N- " Maybe we could get lunch, then go to the park?"

Marina- " Yeah, that sounds nice."

Y/N- " Alright, it's a date then."

Marina then blushes.

Marina- " O-oh, yeah, a date..."

Y/N- " Alright, let me know when you're ready to leave."

Marina- " o-ok, I will."

I head upstairs to my room. In a few hours, I hear a knock on my door. I open the door and see Marina.

Marina- " Hey, you ready for our date?"

Y/N- " Yup, just let me get ready."

Marina leaves the room, and I get to work. I style my hair to whatever you want it to be by doing it however a weird squid man would. I put on a nice outfit that I will leave to your imagination so everyone can be happy, and apply some cologne. I head downstairs and wait for Marina. After a bit, she comes downstairs. She looks wonderful. She's wearing _____ ( I couldn't think of an outfit, so use your brain)

Y/N- " Wow, you look amazing."

Marina- " Thanks, you too."

Y/N- " You ready?"

Marina- " Yup!"

We walk out of the house and walk over to a car. The driver's window rolls down, and I see a familiar face.

Y/N- " Hey, Jim!"

Jim- " Well, hello there, Y/N! You two on a date or something?"

Y/N- " We sure are!"

Marina- " Y-yeah, a date."

Jim- " Well, hop in!"

We get in the back of the car and set off.

Jim- " So, where to?"

Y/N- " Head to L'endroit Où La Nourriture Est Cuite Et Servie. It's a new restaurant that opened across the city."

Jim- " Got it!"

Jim drives us to L'endroit Où La Nourriture Est Cuite Et Servie. I like Jim. We soon get to the restaurant and say bye to Jim. We walk inside the restaurant. A waiter walks up to us.

Waiter- " Welcome to L'endroit Où La Nourriture Est Cuite Et Servie. Do you have a reservation?"

Y/N- " Yes, we do."

Waiter- " Can I get a name?"

Y/N- " Y/N L/N"

Waiter- " Alright, follow me."

We follow the waiter to our table. We got lucky and get a booth seat in a corner.

Marina- " Wow, this place is pretty nice."

Y/N- " Yeah, it is. What are you going to order? I'm gonna get a salmon filet."

Marina- " I think I'll get some shrimp."

Y/N- " Maybe you can get this jumbo shrimp later, huh?" ( Did you know Jumbo shrimp can get up to 8 inches? Lucky...)

Marina- " Y/N!"

Marina then blushes and covers her face in embarrassment.

Y/N- " Ha, you should see your face! I'm just joking, maybe..."

The waiter then walks over to our table.

Waiter- " Are you two ready to order?"

Y/N- " Yup. I would like the salmon filet and ice water."

Marina- " And I would like the shrimp plate with ice water."

Waiter- " Alright then, I will be right back with your drinks."

Y/N- " Thank you."

The waiter then walks away.

Marina- " So, how has work been?"

Y/N- " Oh, it's been pretty good. Got promoted to Profreshional yesterday, so that's very nice."

Marina- " That's great! Pearl and I have been working on a new song recently."

Y/N- " Sweet. Can I hear it?"

Marina- " no."

Y/N- " Aww, man..."

The waiter then comes back with our food and drinks.

Marina- " Oh, yay! Our food is here!"

Y/N- " That was fast."

Waiter- " The salmon for the gentleman and the shrimp for the lady."

Y/N- " Thank you."

Marina and I then tuck into our food. Instead of inhaling it like I usually do, I take my time. The salmon is very good. It's very tender and salty, just the way I like it.

Y/N- " Damn, this is good. How is your food?"

Marina- " It's very good."

After a while, we finish our food. I pay and leave a hefty tip due to how quick the service was. We leave L'endroit Où La Nourriture Est Cuite Et Servie and head to the park. We find a nice bench and sit down to watch the sunset over Inkopolis, and Marina leans her head on my shoulder.

Y/N- " I've had a nice time with you, Marina."

Marina- " Me too."

I look her in the eyes and we lean in. Our lips connect, and we share a passionate kiss. After a few moments, we separate.

Y/N- " So, does this make us... official?"

Marina- " Yeah, I guess so."

Y/N- " Marina, I love you."

Marina- " I love you too."

End of chapter 9

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and the romance. I'm sorry that this chapter took a while to make. I was having trouble coming up with ideas. Let me know if there is something wrong with the chapter.

- The Kool Guy

959 words