Chapter 8: Robbing Fish And Getting Robbed

I don't feel like writing the Octoshower fight because it's boring and takes a long time. For eel the worst boss. Enjoy the chapter

Y/N POV

It was the day after my fight with the Octoshower. I was tired and just wanted to sleep. But I need to be productive, so I take a shower, and put on some clothes. I walk downstairs into the kitchen, and I see Marina. She's pouring some cereal into 2 bowls.

Y/N- " Mornin' "

Marina- " Good morning, you want some Octavi o's?"

Y/N- " Of course I do"

Marina passes me a bowl and SPORK. The Cereal is tiny octopus marshmallows with grain pieces shaped like wasabi plants. Cute. I eat the cereal while talking to Marina.

Marina- " Y'know, you always seem tired and in pain after work, you sure you're not over-exerting yourself?"

Y/N- " Oh, well, y'know, salmonoids are pretty tough"

Marina- " What do you think Mr. Grizz does with those eggs, anyway?"

Y/N- " Maybe he's building a spaceship?"

Marina- " That's silly"

Y/N- " Yeah, I guess so..." 

I finish my cereal and get a call from Marie right after.

Y/N- " Hold on I got to take this."

I answer the call

Y/N- " Hello?"

Marie- " Hey Y/N, could you come into work today? I believe I might have figured out where Callie is!"

Y/N- " Yeah, sure. I could come in for a while."

Marie- " Great. See you later."

Y/N- " see ya"

I turn to Marina.

Y/N- " Welp, looks like I gotta get ready for work"

Marina-" Ok, but be careful, Ok?"

Y/N- " I will"

5 Hours Later...

Y/N- " AAHHHHH!!!"

I was currently running for my life. I was in Musselforge Fitness, which had been taken over by Octolings. I was being chased by 3 at once, all firing at me. I see one of the Mini Zap Fish in front of me. I break the barrier around it quickly grab it and put it in my pocket. I turn around and splat one of them before continuing to run. One of them hits me with their slosher and I trip and fall. I look up to see them standing above me.

Octo 1- " Got you now!"

Octo 2- " Shame he has to die. He's kinda cute~"

Octo 1- " Well, he's the enemy, so hurry up and-"

She's cut off by an ink bomb blowing up and splatting both of them. I catch my breath and stand up, ready to complete the mission. I shoot a crate, and a weird piece of paper falls out of it. I pick it up, and a picture of... Judd? There is some writing in a strange language I can't recognize. I fold up the paper and put it in my pocket and continue the mission. After a few more close calls, I can see the final Zap Fish ahead. I rush towards it and see an Octoling land next to me. I throw a bomb in her direction. It blows up and hits her, but doesn't splat her. I take the time she needs to recover to break the barrier and grab the last zap fish. I turn around and see her charging after me. I aim my hero shot right between the eyes and pull the trigger. She's splatted instantly. I exit the kettle into Cephalon HQ. I wait for the platform to float toward the central platform where Marie is waiting.

Marie- " Good work today, Agent 4!"

Y/N- " Thanks,  but I'm ready to head home"

Marie- " Have a good day"

Y/N-" You too, Marie"

I smile at her and head out to Inkopolis. I exit the sewer grate, and head over to the car.

Y/N- " Hey Jim!"

Jim- " Well, hello there Y/N. Ready to head home?"

Y/N- " You know it"

I sit in the passenger seat, and Jim drives us home. We shortly get to the house and I say goodbye to Jim.

Y/N- " Bye Jim!"

Jim- " You have a good day now!"

I like Jim. I head into the house, go upstairs, and change into some normal clothes. I look around the House for Pearl or Marina but find neither. I walk into the kitchen and see a note on the table.

We had some work to do, so we won't be home until tomorrow. I left some food in the fridge for you and left some money so you can eat tomorrow because you can't cook. see you tomorrow

-Marina

Huh. Guess I got the House to myself.... awesome. I eat the food Marina left and immediately head for Pearls' gaming room. I get on her Pc and look at her game selection. I end up playing Skyrim. I play for a while until I realize it's getting late. I head to the kitchen to grab myself a midnight snack. I grab some peanut butter and bread to make myself a sandwich. I eat my sandwich while messing around on my phone, then head upstairs to my room. I play on my Switch for a little bit, before I fall asleep with the Switch still on. Whoops. 

I awake at the sound of something falling over. I sit up In bed and rub my eyes. I listen for more sounds and hear faint footsteps. I quietly get out of bed and creep to my door and open it. I hear someone walking downstairs, moving things around. I grab my hero shot and slowly walk downstairs. I see someone, dressed in all black, snooping around.

Robber- " Where is all the expensive shit at?..."

I sneak up behind him and hit him hard on the head with my hero shot. He stumbles a little bit and turns around.

Robber- " What the hell!?"

The robber swings at me with a knife, and it grazes my cheek. I hit the knife out of his hand, then he then shoves me into the wall and starts choking me. I try to push him off, but he won't budge. I shove him as hard as I can, and he falls off of me. I stand up and face him. He then charges at me and hits me in the stomach. I shove him off of me and grit my teeth and punch him in the stomach, and he doubles over. I then knee him in the face, and he falls to the ground, knocked out. I call the police and keep my eye on him to make sure he doesn't wake up. Eventually, the police arrive, take my statement about what happened, and arrest the guy. I head back to bed, but I don't fall asleep for a long time. I'm worried someone else might break in, but I eventually drift off into sleep...

End of Chapter 8

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and the return of Jim. Jim will be a re-occurring character throughout the story, because who doesn't like Jim? I'm sorry this took so long to get out, I've been slacking off recently, and I'm sorry.

Edit: I changed the scene with the robber, so it's longer and more interesting. Instead of just immediately knocking him out, there's now a fight scene. I hope you enjoyed the fight.

- The Kool Guy

1174 Words