Chapter 27

Meredith returned late home that night after rushing off without ushering much of a sentence. She crept into the house as she wasn't sure if Ellis was asleep or not, Mary had messaged her to let her know that Ellis was home and in safe hands so there was no need to worry. She locked the door once she came in, flicking on the light she was startled.
"You're acting like a teenager caught late out" Derek laughed.
She just giggled in agreement though when she did open her mouth Derek already knew what her first priority would be to find out.
"She is asleep in her room. I had to call Mary back over to help me get her into bed as she wouldn't be very comfortable on the sofa. Now I hope it was okay but we ended up ordering a takeaway for dinner as I can't hop around yet" Derek smiled.

"But you hate junk food."

"I know."

She dropped her bag on the floor and then joined him on the sofa.

"So is whatever you ran off to do all okay now?"

"Yeah it should be."

"Can I ask what it was?"

"Alex. He was arrested for punching a guy I offered him to come here but it seems he has his eye on that resident Jo Wilson if you know her. He rushed over to sort her out something happened i'm not too sure."

"She was on my service once, a little skittish at first reminds me of when the med students come visit but other than that I liked her."

"Oh god you remind me" she groaned.

"What?"

"Med students, all the new intern applications Iv only looked at a few so far and I see potential in them all."

"I like that about you."

"What about me?" She asked confused.

"You always look to find the best in people and you don't judge them."

Meredith smiled at his remark and leaned closer into him. It was all so slow until she hesitantly pulled back, he cupped her face in his hands and pulled her face to his. His lips planted onto hers covering them, she gasped for a bit of air giving out a faint moan. That little moan caused Derek to smile and kissed her upper lip between his lower one.
Her mind was no longer able to focus on what she was doing and instead she just gave into it all. She moved to sit on his lap facing him, her arms wrapped around the back of his neck pulling him closer to her. Whilst he moved she caught his jean zipper and as their lips fought with each other her body rocked slowly. He hardened at her movements causing them both to smile between kisses. She knew what she was doing to him and was enjoying it which surprised her as she didn't think she would feel like this or even do this.

His hands trailed down her spine till they found a place on her hips where he kept them till she moved again leading them down her legs. Her leg moved hitting his causing him to wince slightly from pain she immediately pulled away from his lips. "I'm sorry I forgot I got carried away did I-"
She was then cut off by him pulling her face back to his "I'm not done."

"What if I hurt your leg" she asked concerned.

"I don't care" he whispered moving his hands around her again.