Chapter 13

"What the fuck?! So you're just not going to let me see my father?"

"Y/n I have already explained this to you-"

"So what?! Just because I'm a criminal that barely changed anything in Inazuma, I can't see my own deceased father now?"

Ayato had a grim look on his face and turned around, giving orders to two men who had just appeared. The two began dragging Y/n away as the Commissioner left. The last thing he heard was the harsh words that resonated throughout the estate: Do you expect me to simply get over all of this, like you did?

Y/n knew she shouldn't have said those words, but her anger had consumed her at that moment. She had lost too much (not that the commissioner hasn't lost that much either, he has), but she was just now realizing how many people have left her life or might be gone soon. First, her elder sibling disappeared, then her mother was murdered, followed by Gorou, next maybe Kazuha (but he is currently recovering and moving about a bit), Heizou (still unconscious), and now her sorry excuse of a father.

'All mighty shogun, what should I do...?'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while of sitting in the guest room impatiently, Y/n's phone, which was on the verge of dying, rang. The number belonged to the hospital. She immediately picked up the call with a hushed greeting. A nurse was on the other side of the call and talked for a bit before handing the phone over to someone.

A familiar voice spoke after a minute. The voice was raspy and tired. "...Hello? Is this... Y/n?"

Y/n was rendered speechless for a moment before responding. "Heizou?"

The detective weakly laughed and she could hear a faint 'mhm' afterwards. As she was not listening to the nurse before, she had been surprised to hear his voice. Y/n continued to speak quietly, but loud enough for Heizou to hear her from the other side. There was a sense of relief in her chest as she smiled, telling him about what had happened after he had been hospitalized. Heizou listened to her every word. He had been eager to hear her voice once more after he had woken up, which was the only reason the hospital allowed him to call Y/n.

"What are you doing-" Heizou had started to ask her, but was cut off when Y/n began receiving another call. It was from Kokomi.

"Heizou, how much longer can you call for?" Y/n asked after declining the incoming call and cringed a little at her words. She sounded like a middle school girl wanting to call with her best friends even though they have a limit on their screen time.

"I think I still have a minute left, do you need to do something?"

Y/n confirmed the question and the detective made her promise to call him again soon, to which she accepted. She called back Kokomi, who immediately picked up. Her voice wavered for a moment before going back to the same cheerful voice Y/n remembered. It had been a while since the two had last heard from each other.

The conversation was kept short. They would meet up tomorrow (if the commissioner allowed it) at Kokomi's place to speak about an "important" matter because it would be easier to talk about if it was in person according to Kokomi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I went to bed that night, I had the most terrifying dream. In my dream I ran in a field of brilliantly pale blue flowers like I was a child again. The sky constantly changed from day to night until at some point it froze in between. A large, white door appeared before me as the surroundings changed to clouds and tall pillars that stretched to the heavens.

That's when the dream changed, the moment I walked through the door. I expected a great change in scenery, a wonderful sight, one you could never see in the wastelands of Inazuma. My whole surroundings became pitch black and when I turned to leave, the door seemed to grow further and further away. No matter how fast I ran, the distance seemed to stretch more. Soon afterwards it disappeared.

A small glowing white figure of light stood where I had last seen the door. It waved at me and although I could not see a face, I could tell it was smiling. I tried to move my hand to wave back but I was unable to. It skipped towards me and hugged me tight. I could not feel it hugging me. There was a soft giggle in the air.

"I'm so happy you're here." it whispered. Then it began to cry. Although I could not physically feel its body, I could feel its tears soaking into my shirt. I looked down at the figure only to find that it changed into myself, my childhood self. I knelt down to comfort her, but when it looked at me, the figure changed again, now covered in blood. Blood on her cheeks, on her white clothes, on her hands.

I fell back in fear. Changing again, it changed into a taller, narrow-eyed person, with short h/c hair, still covered in blood. That's when I knew. That figure did not represent me, but Rie, my older sister, my older brother. The last thing I saw before waking up was Rie embracing me with a "loving" smile while I bled out from my stomach, coughing up blood and a silver deer raising its front legs over their head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I had like no idea what to write and was tempted to not post but yay I posted. yw besties. Btw when I have like absolutely zero idea what to write I'll probably add some dreams, different scenes, past memories or stuff like that in italics just to like get to a certain amount of words and for your entertainment. 👍