Chapter 16

Leaning her head against the wall, she sighed

Leaning her head against the wall, she sighed. She had a good feeling about today for some reason. Maybe Ryo could tell as well as he grew quite uneasy, pacing around the room every once in a while. There was a slight smirk that grew on her face when she heard a familiar voice barging in. She quickly stood up, quickly being pushed back by Ryo.

"Heizou!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*10 minutes ago*

"If this isn't the right place, I'm punching you in the face regardless of your status."

"Detective Heizou, I'll gladly lay you off from work if this behavior continues."

Right outside the woods, Heizou, Kazuha, Ayato and a small crew of his trusted members of the Shuumatsuban were gathered to begin the arresting of Aikawa Ryo and the retrieval of Aikawa Y/n. Process wise, things were going smoothly, but the mood definitely wasn't there. Heizou seemed like he would rebel against the commissioner, who found the detective's behavior barely tolerable, at any moment. The only one keeping the whole group together was Kaedehara Kazuha.

As they progressed through the woods they found themselves at a small shed that was probably on the verge of breaking down. Kazuha was the first to get close. He listened for any sounds from inside. There was the sound of a knife being sharpened and a soft panting sound. He nodded to the others who then quietly began to rush inside.

Aikawa Ryo was the first to get into view, Heizou quickly glanced at the approving commissioner before raising his gun and commanding him to drop any weapons and raise his arms in the air. Ultimately, things did not turn out as the crew had planned. A knife was thrown frighteningly close to the detective and in a flash, Ryo dashed to the other side of the room.

"Heizou!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't get any closer!"

Somewhere at some point, Ryo had managed to get himself another knife as the other one was still jammed into the wall. The knife was placed directly on the skin of Y/n's neck at a point for if she was cut, it would be likely for her to die. Despite this, Y/n showed no signs of panic, but rather slight annoyance. The Shuumatsuban were scattered around the room with the other 3 men standing in a triangular form around the murderer and the thief. Y/n was barely standing, mostly leaning against Ryo (no matter how much she hated having to rely on him), to keep herself standing. Her legs still fresh with cuts and stabs, some still bleeding out, and her body ached all over from exhaustion and constant beatings.

Heizou could see the pleading look in her eyes telling him to quickly end the whole case. He barely moved an inch when the knife slightly pushed into her neck. Y/n winced in surprise. Her hands balled up into fists and she slowly raised her hands up.

"Don't try anything funny, Shikanoin. I could've gotten rid of all of you a long time ago."

"So why didn't you?" Heizou responded, glancing at Y/n as if expecting some kind of approval.

As Ryo opened his mouth to speak, Y/n slipped her head out of his arms, knocking his head back in the process. She stumbled forward when a gun immediately shot. Turning to look back, she saw Ryo holding his left, dominant shoulder as his arm limply hung. Heizou helped her up and pulled her behind him. The front line of Shuumatsuban rushed in to grab a hold of the murderer who fell to his knees in response.

There was a small glint of longing in his eyes as he stared at the ground. Kazuha began walking towards the defeated man, but as if a switch was turned on in him, Ryo slashed the necks of the 2 members that were holding onto him and lunged towards Heizou. Then he was flung against the wall, hitting his head, leaving him unconscious. Kamisato Ayato tapped his shoe on the ground, making sure his shoe was still on after the kick.

That was the end of the case. The murderer, Aikawa Ryo, had been caught after 15 years. Kazuha and Ayato dealt with Ryo with the help of the Shuumatsuban, while Heizou took care of Y/n. He held her arms while she tried her best to keep standing.

She placed her head on his chest, with a slight chuckle. "Case is finally over, detective."

"Indeed it is, my thief."

"My thief? What's up with that?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n blankly stared at the white hospital wall, completely zoned out while a female officer tried to tell Y/n about some important details such as her consequences for stealing. The officer had already realized that she was not listening, but silently hoped Y/n might listen to at least a few of her words. In the end, the officer gave up and got Heizou for help.

Heizou didn't actually do much. He shook her by her shoulders and waved in front of her eyes, saying random gibberish to her until she grew annoyed and looked over, demanding to know what he wanted. The officer standing nearby couldn't tell if the two were fighting or not and was internally debating if she should tell someone.

"I'm sure you don't want to listen to a whole speech so I'll make it quick for you. The case is over, you could've gone to jail, but you're not. We need you to give us some details to officially close up the case and unfortunately you don't get your house back, but that's it!" Heizou stated, finishing up with a bright smile.

Y/n did a few slow claps before sarcastically, responding. "That's wonderful. I don't have a place to stay, but, great."

Heizou glanced at the officer and nodded. She gave him a thumbs up and slipped out of the room because she had no purpose in being there anymore. Confused, Y/n slightly tilted her head and poked the detective's head to regain his attention.

"I still need some answers, you know."

"Let's see... how about I phrase it this way...?"

Y/n watched Heizou stand up from his chair and lean over. She turned her head away because of how close he was.

"Y/n, come on. You're making this harder for me." Heizou whined.

Hesitantly, Y/n looked back over at him and was met with a kiss to her lips. It lasted for a quick second before Y/n backed off and covered herself in the sheets. She heard Heizou laugh, making her feel more embarrassed.

"I hope that answers your previous questions."

"...I hate you." Y/n mumbled from under the sheets.

Heizou chuckled. "Love you, too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: As you can see, readers, I suck at writing fighting scenes and make them short and choppy. Your welcome. Also first kiss~ *Smooch* (Your welcome again) <3