Chapter 24

Her ears rang and she could hardly breath through the thick gag shoved in her mouth

Her ears rang and she could hardly breath through the thick gag shoved in her mouth. All Y/n could see was the dull yellow light from a small candle in front of her between the threads of cloth. The soreness of her body prevented her from feeling anything besides the blistering cold that tingles at the tips of her fingers.

What had happened since she blacked out?

The door creaked open sending a shiver up Y/n's spine. Multiple footsteps accompanied the dying door. After a moment of silence, a small chuckle emerged with a few words of whispering. Y/n assumed one of two people had taken a seat from the scratching sound on the floor. Then her blindfold and gag were taken off and thrown to the side with a hint of disgust from the person who had done so. And there sat Hibiki.

"Hibiki, does Ryo have such charms that I don't know of, to captivate people into committing crimes?" Y/n spoke as Hibiki opened her mouth to say something.

A chilling shock in Y/n's side shut her up quickly and Hibiki began to continue what she was going to say.

"Do you know what I mean by none of this was about the detective now?"

Y/n scoffs before replying in a sarcastic tone, "Oh really? I didn't know because of your wonderful treatment!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"HIBIKI, IF YOU CALL THE POLICE RIGHT NOW, WE'RE BOTH BUSTED!! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND?!"

"HAH?! I AM COMPLETELY SANE RIGHT NOW! DID YOU NOT SEE WHAT THAT BITCH JUST DID TO ME WHILE TIED IN THAT CHAIR?! I'M LITERALLY BLEEDING!" Hibiki coughed, holding her side which was bleeding out.

Y/n had quietly managed to untie herself from her chair without Ryo noticing and when Hibiki had gotten close, she took Ryo's only knife and sliced Hibiki. She had cut the bondages on her legs and dodged Ryo, but fell onto the ground.

The physical fight did not last long as Hibiki grabbed her phone, shakily putting in the numbers 911, starting a verbal argument between her and Ryo. Ryo kept reaching for the phone to no avail. Y/n stood in the corner in a defensive stance, panting from all the hasty movements. Many of her wounds had opened up again in the short instance of fighting and she was unable to leave as the other two people were arguing in front of it.

"HAND ME THAT PHONE RIGHT NOW! I DID NOT TAKE THE EFFORT TO ESCAPE JAIL JUST FOR YOU TO CALL THE POLICE FOR A LITTLE BOOBOO!"

"BOOBOO?! I COULD DIE FROM THIS, RYO! I THINK YOU'RE THE ONE OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND!" Hibiki yells, finally pressing the call button.

After she hears the voice of the officer who picked up, she immediately tells them her location and reason, ordering them to hurry up. In the background, Ryo is cursing at her and throws her hard onto the floor. Hibiki screams hysterically and Ryo quickly kneels down and covers her mouth. He picks up the phone, stating the call was a freak accident and hangs up.

"HOW COULD YOU?! I'M DYING AND YOU AND THAT WENCH WILL BE THE CAUSE OF IT!"

"I'LL ACTUALLY END YOUR LIFE RIGHT HERE AND NOW IF YOU WANT ME TO-" Ryo pauses at the sounds of sirens outside, "Fuck, they're here already?"

On the other hand, Y/n relaxes her shoulders in relief. She was grateful for the quick arrival of the police. She watches as Ryo completely abandons Hibiki and makes a run for it. The whiny girl yells for her accomplice to wait for her and runs after him, limping very dramatically. Y/n slides down onto the ground and drops the knife.

A few police come bashing into the room armed while the others chase after the criminal(s) on the loose. Among the officers, a familiar auburn haired detective takes her into his arms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*A week and a half later*

"Don't make any brash moves, okay? Here let me help you." Heizou says worriedly as he helps Y/n out of the car.

"I'm fine, Heizou! You don't have to be so cautious." Y/n chuckled.

Y/n was still wrapped up in bandages in a lot of places and Heizou is constantly worried that her wounds would open up again, leading him to do a lot of Y/n's everyday chores. The two had also been taking lots of walks after Y/n was discharged from the hospital after 2 days, but today was not one of their usual walks. They were here to go over the recent incident. Like before, she was involved in the case somehow and was told to come to the station as well.

The same procedure happened like before but without the grim atmosphere. Kujou Sara met with the two again. (Kazuha had already come in earlier and was preparing to leave with the Crux at home.) This time Sara had better news than last time, but it still wasn't the most wanted outcome.

"Chiyo Hibiki was successfully caught, although it didn't take much effort." Sara said, attempting to pull a joke in the process.

Heizou and Y/n cracked a small smile and waited for General Kujou to continue.

"But, unfortunately, Aikawa Ryo is still currently on the run. The police will continue to search, but it is highly unlikely for him to be found anytime soon."

There was a moment of silence until Heizou spoke, "Right now that's the best outcome we can get, so we'll have to take it."

Y/n nodded in agreement and the three quickly ended the conversation and Sara sent them off to go about their day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Next chapter is probably going to be the epilogue/last, but I'll probably just call it chapter 25 and have it be the last since I didn't do a prologue. I'm going to be taking a break/go on a small hiatus from writing for a while before I start the Cyno ff (Yes, Cyno has won the vote). Thank you for everyone that's been reading this ff! I'll still be online so let me know if you ever need anything!