Chapter 19

It was early for a Saturday morning when the doorbell rang

It was early for a Saturday morning when the doorbell rang. At first all three occupants of the house decided to ignore it, but the person at the door was apparently very intent on getting in the house as they rang the doorbell another few times. Kazuha was the one to get out of bed first. He mumbled that he'd get the door as he passed the couple's room.

After a few minutes, Kazuha called for Y/n to come down. She groaned and rolled off the bed. Heizou yawned, sitting up as she left. When she got downstairs she was in the middle of asking a question, but stopped midway. She rubbed her eyes a few times to make sure she was seeing what she was seeing.

"What the fuck?"

"Oh, Y/n, my dear niece! Tell this young man to let us into your home."

Y/n cringed at her aunt's words and at the mere fact that her cousin stood there typing away at her phone totally unfazed. Kazuha let Y/n take his place and went to brew some coffee. Heizou came down shortly after.

"This isn't my home, Aunt Chiyo. I would suggest you leave with all of your..." Y/n glanced at the suitcases behind them, "Living necessities and find somewhere else to stay."

The lady went onto a whole rant on how Y/n said she and her daughter could stay with her. There was probably no chance she was stopping any time soon until Heizou came and wrapped his arms around Y/n, his head placed onto her shoulder. Aunt Chiyo and her daughter froze in shock, though their reasons for doing so were probably very different.

"...Who are these people, babe?"

Now it was Y/n's turn to freeze for a moment. That name was totally uncalled for, but as soon as she felt the slight smirk against her neck she knew to start playing along.

"This is my Aunt Chiyo and cousin Hibiki. They're kind of a pain in the ass." She said the last sentence in a barely audible whisper.

Heizou suppressed a laugh as he had heard her. Her aunt was still standing there probably in disbelief, but Hibiki's reaction annoyed her. Her face was dusted with a slight blush and she stared right at Heizou. Y/n felt as if she could punch her in the face right at that moment.

"Anyways, if there's nothing else, then have a 'blessed' day." Y/n said sarcastically, beginning to close the door.

"Stop right there, young lady! Who said you could already be dating-"

Y/n shut the door. Muffled shouting could still be heard through the door though. Heizou unwrapped his arms from Y/n's waist and turned her around, placing a kiss on her forehead. He mumbled a sleepy "Morning." and went to the kitchen. Y/n decided to wait and see how long the shouting would last, but once she had put her ear to the door, the shouts stopped.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wearing one of Heizou's hoodies, Y/n made her way to meet Yoimiya. The lively firework girl had asked to hang out with her sometime and today was the day that she finally had time to. Although the real reason she took the day off from work was because of Heizou, but he got caught up in work for a while.

Through her peripheral vision, Y/n saw Hibiki across the street with a nervous smile. Y/n ignored her and continued on her way until she reached Naganohara Fireworks. Yoimiya stood outside waving at her, excitedly.

"Come, come! I made some new fireworks! We should try them out together!"

Y/n wasn't sure if that was legal or not, but she agreed regardless. She was a thief before, of course she wouldn't mind if it was legal or not. Although she did slightly worry. After all, she was currently living under the same roof as two detectives.

"Don't worry! I got permission from the Commissioner." Yoimiya said as if reading her mind.

That put Y/n at ease and the two headed off to an area nearby Chinju Forest, where it was naturally dark as night year-round.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Kazuha's POV)*

Kazuha was the only one home after Heizou and Y/n had left. He was casually reading a light novel that he had gotten from the Yae Publishing House when he heard someone come up the stairs of the porch. The sounds of the footsteps were unfamiliar to him and if it were any of the other two inhabitants, they would use the key to get in, but this person knocked.

Setting down his book, he headed over to the door and looked through the peephole. He was a bit confused because Y/n's cousin stood on the other side of the door. Y/n had not mentioned anything about her cousin coming over and based on her previous conversation, the two did not have a fairly good relationship. Regardless, he opened the door to see what she wanted.

"Hello? Is there something you need?"

"Ah! Uhm... yes, I was wondering if I could meet Heizou."

"Heizou? He's not here." Kazuha responded. He was very vague about his response because he knew that Heizou had not mentioned his name to her and by the way she spoke.

Hibiki sighed with a hint of disappointment. She was about to ask about Heizou again until she saw Kazuha's smile falter. Something she had said had triggered something in him, but she wasn't sure what. The aura around him became slightly intimidating and she quickly apologized and left.

Kazuha watched her leave with a small glare. It wasn't like him to lose his composure when talking to others even if he disliked the subject, but just the way Hibiki spoke Heizou's name irritated him. In a way he was the detective's and thief's number one supporter when it comes to their relationship, so Hibiki's very existence annoyed him like a fly to a horse.

'You better not mess with those two if you know what's good for you.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Now that I've thought about it, I have 3 candidates for which ff I might do after this one. So please decide between: Albedo, Cyno, and Tighnari. I have small ideas on all 3 of them so...