Prologue

She was five years old when it happened. It was the beginning of the Thanksgiving Season, a week after Halloween. She remembers it perfectly, even if it's been 20 years since. This kind of trauma wasn't something you could just forget. It was something that would unravel her.

She had just started kindergarten, but because her mom had homeschooled her for pre-k, she was already reading and writing phenomenally. She could read up to 4th-grade level and do math up to 5th. In the morning, she woke up screaming. She dreamed about how an evil man came to take her mommy away. She couldn't get him out of her head and she had a bad feeling.

Tana Jackson, who used to be Tana Singer, had married young. But she knew about the hunting life. She never wanted her kids to be a part of it and she counted herself lucky to get away from it. But her little girl's nightmares had been the same for two months which sounded an awful lot like psychic tendencies. So that morning, in a hushed conversation while Adrianna was in the bath and getting ready, Tana told her big brother what was happening.

"Bobby, something happened with her dad. I think that's why my baby girl can do these things. Bo, I don't know what to do." Tana sniffled, beginning to cry. She'd never wanted her beloved Lee to do what he did or leave as he did. But something told her that he was coming back for her. She managed to voice out a few of her feelings before Bobby began reassuring her. Adrianna remembered sitting in the hallway, listening to her mommy talk with Uncle Bobby. She remembered doing her best to stay quiet so she didn't bother them.

"Tana, I know what happened to Lee was hard. Sister, I know. Why don't you bring Adri here tomorrow and stay for thanksgiving? We can figure out what's going on ok?" Bobby had met his niece a few times before. Enough to know she was a rambunctious, energetic, smart, bubbly little girl. Just as any normal child should be.

"Ok, Bobby." Tana sniffed. She couldn't believe her luck. She got out. She'd been married. She'd had her baby. But she couldn't stay away. Things just kept coming. It wasn't fair.

"We'll leave first thing tomorrow. I love you. Thank you."

"You're welcome, Tana. Love ya too. See you tomorrow." The phone dial rang as Bobby cut the signal. He was excited to see his baby sis again. It'd been too long. But he never would.

"Mommy?" Adrianna peaked her head around the wall, her curious eyes sparkling. Tana just smiled at her baby. She could see herself in her baby. Adrianna had her pale freckled skin with long brown hair. She had little legs and arms, probably not going to grow taller than 5'2. She had small, dainty hands and tiny feet. She was smart. But she had her father's eyes, blue and green outlined by grey and gold specks dotting her irises. Beautiful. Although Lee's gold specks never developed until after a month or two of them being married.

"Hey baby, We," she picked the girl up onto her lap to bring her close. "Are going to Uncle Bobby's tomorrow. So I need you to help me pack ok?"

"Ok, mommy. Can I do my tricks?" Adrianna looked so excited. She loved to do things with her mind instead of actually doing them with her hands. Tana laughed.

"Sure, Adri. But I want to give you a gift first." Tana reached behind her neck and unclasped the necklace Adri couldn't remember ever seeing her not wearing it.

"It may be a little big for you now, but you'll grow into it. Look inside." Adri gently pulled the locket open and saw a family photo of her mom, her dad, Uncle Bobby, and her as a baby standing in front of Uncle Bobby's house. Everyone was smiling. They were all happy. Even baby Adri. "I want you to have this and always remember that no matter what, I love you. And so does Uncle Bobby. So much baby girl." Adri could see her mommy's eyes tear and she reached to touch Tana's cheek.

"Mommy don't cry. It'll be ok." Adri hugged her mom tightly. She remembered feeling so scared for what could come any day now. She remembered wanting to help her mommy. She remembered feeling her mom's tears on her back. But mostly, she remembered seeing him. His figure was behind her. She remembers screaming. She remembers her mom jumping up and running to her baby girl's room and grabbing a dagger that had been hidden behind the dresser. She remembers her mom kissing her forehead, saying 'I love you, and everything goes black.

When she woke up, She was in the closet. She felt her head throbbing. She remembers looking through the closet door and seeing the man in her dream look over her mom's body. She remembers being unable to keep her eyes open. She remembers the terror coursing through her body when she heard the closet door open. She remembered wishing repeatedly in her head for him to think she was dead. She hoped and prayed that he thought she was dead. She remembers the searing pain when he raised his arm over her stomach. She remembered feeling blood seep through her clothes. After a second or two, the man left. The man with the yellow eyes. Her nightmare man. She remembers having this gut feeling that he was gone. She saw a curtain catch fire. She remembered crawling through the house, racing the fire to the kitchen, grabbing her mom's phone, and crawling through the doggy door of the house. After she saw she was out, she tried to focus on the phone to call bobby. The blood loss was making her vision blurry and she was dizzy. She managed, however, to click call on what she thought was Bobby's.

The phone rang once and then she heard a man answer. She was too tired to notice it wasn't Bobby.

"Hello?"

"Pl-please help m-me. My m-mommy is dead, she's in my h-house. I'm h-hurt. Uncle Bobby, P-please help me!" Adri began to cry. She wanted her mommy back. She wanted to not hurt. But all she could think about was that yellow-eyed man, kneeling over her.

Still, twenty-five years later, she remembers the pain. The emotional and physical. But she also remembers the relief when John Winchester was there in five minutes because he was tracking a yellow-eyed demon and was too late. She remembered him picking her up and placing her in the car. She remembered the excruciating pain during the three-hour drive. She just barely remembers Uncle Bobby rushing to get her inside. She believes she saw two boys, not completely sure. She thinks Bobby bandaged her up. And she remembered not being hungry, crying, and then waking up. She remembered. She remembered every detail, every scent, every color, every sensation from that day. She remembers it. And she has to live with it.