An Old Stranger

AN) This chapter is a bit shorter than the others... I'm really sorry!

Enjoy❤️

Adri woke to hear knocking from the front door downstairs. The thoughts of Dean and his road trip with Sam to Jericho, California left her mind as the knocks became more fervent. Adri jumped out of bed, running to grab her dark blue pistol, courtesy of John for one of her birthdays. She had it cocked and ready when she looked through the peephole.

She opened the door, tucking the gun into the back of her shorts, making sure to hide it with her jacket. She was particularly glad she had fallen asleep in jean shorts with a belt on and a tight black tank top with a baggy black letterman jacket.

"ADRI JACKSON! I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF YOU FOR THE PAST NINE DAYS! " Adri let the Mayor of Sioux Falls into her house, hoping to calm the woman.

"I'm so sorry Madame Mayor, my uncle is on a hunting trip and there was a family emergency in-"

"I DON'T CARE IF YOUR UNCLE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL, THERE WILL BE ANOTHER FAMILY EMERGENCY HERE IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE YOUR JOB!" The mayor was a rather tall lady, standing at 5'9. She had a rather long neck, and thick, short red hair. She had been mayor for as long as Adri could remember. Even though her temper terrified half the town, Adri had never been scared of her. She knew the mayor was just passionate.

"Yes, Madame Mayor. I have it in the backroom, just let me go fetch them." Adri went to walk away but heard the woman follow her. Probably making sure that Adri wouldn't run.

When she reached the chair where they lay, she was glad she had finished them before she left for New Orleans. Ari picked up the dresses, one gold, two reds that were a different shade, and three tuxes that were complete with a vest and ties. She had them all hung on special hangers.

"Oh, Adri! You've really outdone yourself! These look wonderful!" The mayor was gushing over the dresses for her daughters and their dates. Everyone in town knew that Adri had a hobby to make clothes or little crafty things. In the winter, she'd make candles that smelled absolutely divine. Everyone loved her gifts, but she was rather shy. Only talking to the mayor and sheriff. She'd talk to clients and would have very pleasant conversations but otherwise, no one heard from her. It didn't help that Bobby, the town drunk, was an overprotective uncle.

"My girls will look wonderful in these. Are you still meeting us for pictures? At 5?" The mayor loved getting deals and Adri had offered half-price dresses with half-price pictures. She immediately took her up on the offer.

Adri thought for a moment, closing her eyes briefly to reach out to the psychic visions, wondering if she'd be needed for Dean or Bobby. She thought she might but she decided she could. She'd get the vision if she needed to help.

"Yes ma'am. I'll be there." The mayor smiled.

"Perfect! Oh, and Reigna will be there. I don't know if you remember her from high school, but she's visiting and bringing her husband. She's finally letting me meet my grandchild!" Mayor Henshaw clapped her hands and left after reminding Adri profusely about the time and how the pictures must be perfect. Adri shuddered. The mayor didn't know this because Reigna always put up this facade but Adri remembered the girl. That was the girl who made fun of her since 2nd grade. Reigna always told her 'you're gonna be the pregnant dropout.' Even though Reigna ended up marrying the dropout who got her pregnant at 17. Reigna would drag Adri into the girl's bathroom and slam her head on the wall, then the sink, and then the bathroom doors until Adri was either passed out or bleeding heavily. She made it her goal to make her life miserable. Adri always took it and never fought back. Even though she had been trained by Bobby for hunting, she still had a few scars from Reigna's "party time."