Skin pt 2

The hunter trio followed Rebecca's directions to Zack's house, Dean driving, Sam in the passenger seat with Adri in the back next to her friend.

"So how'd you two meet?" Dean asked. Sam opened his mouth to answer but Adri spoke before he could get any words out.

"Sam was studying at the library when I randomly dropped by his dorm to see him, Beccs was heading to meet up with him and I somehow got invited to a frat party."

"Adri and Sam both volunteered to be the designated drivers since our group took two cars but she was so sweet. She had this purse full of bottled water, chapstick, mint gum, ibuprofen, and a plethora of hair ties. Adri's the queen of hangover cures. She stayed the next day to make sure we were all okay," Rebecca recalled. Dean nodded shortly, remembering her offer to go with her to see Sam. John had forbidden him from having contact with Sam and he hadn't wanted to anger his father.

Dean parked the impala, the group bracing themselves for the crime scene. Adri had to unravel herself from her blanket and pushed her giant stuffed animal away. Rebecca practically jumped out of his car to stand beside him.

"You're sure this is okay?" She asked, nervously.

"Yeah. I am an officer of the law," Dean answered, his eyes watching Sam help Adri out of the car, unable to hear their quiet conversation.

"Sam, I'm fine," Adri mumbled, staring at the ground.

"I know you're not okay. I know you Adri, I know I saw you fighting Bloody Mary a few weeks ago and I know you've been weak like you always get after you use your abilities," Sam argued. "Let me help you." Adri reluctantly nodded, giving him her right hand to avoid stretching out her left shoulder which was still sore. Sam helped her stand up and wrapped an arm around her shoulders to ensure she was able to stay standing.

The hunters entered the house to find the walls and furniture smeared in blood. Dean immediately wandered to the back. Sam let go of Adri once they were in the house, sure of her ability to stay standing. He noticed Becky waiting on the porch.

"Bec, you wanna wait outside?'

"No. I wanna help." She ducked under the police tape and entered the house.

"Tell us what else the police said," he pressed, giving her something else to think of.

"Well, there's no sign of a break-in. They say that Emily let her attacker in. The lawyers—they're already talking about a plea bargain." She answered, tearfully, and glanced around the room. "Oh, God." Adri squeezed her friend's hand, offering a comforting smile but not saying a word.

" Look, Bec, if Zack didn't do this, it means someone else did. Any idea who?" Sam asked. Becky shook her head, then seemed to remember something.

"Um, there was something, about a week before. Somebody broke in here and stole some clothes—Zack's clothes. The police—they don't think it's anything. I mean, we're not that far from downtown. Sometimes people get robbed." Sam walked away while Adri and Dean moved toward the open front door and saw the neighbor's dog, barking fiercely. Becky followed. "You know, that used to be the sweetest dog."

"What happened?" Adri wondered aloud.

"He just changed."

"Do you remember when he changed?" Dean questioned.

"I guess around the time of the murder." Dean and Becky walked away while Adri quietly snuck out the door. She had a tiny bit of energy and used her ability to create a couple of dog treats in her hands. He quieted down as she offered him a few treats.