Moving in with Bobby

Authors Note: Adri goes through a panic attack in this chapter so it could be a potential TRIGGER WARNING so read at your own risk. Ok, hope you like the chapter!

As a little girl, Adri was well aware of when adults whisper that means they are trying to keep something from little ears. Her mother only ever did this with her if she was talking to Uncle Bobby.

It was three days after the death of her mother and the fire in her childhood home that Adri finally woke up. She had lost a lot of blood and Bobby had chosen to keep her sedated for at least 24 hours after he and John had stitched up her side. The three Winchester boys were at Bobby's but Dean and Sam were outside playing with the cars.

Adri woke to find a glass of water on the nightstand beside her, an IV bag connected to the needle in her left arm, and a searing pain in her stomach. She immediately opened her mouth to cry but no sound came. Tears streamed down her face. Memories from that night flooded her mind. She missed her mommy. 'Why isn't mommy here!' Adri screamed but still, no sound came out. Adri heard the sound of glass shattering and the sound of water bubbling in the air.

Bobby was in the kitchen when he heard glass shatter. He ran upstairs to the room his niece had been recovering in. He barged open the door and saw a mini tidal wave in the air. It was as if there was a miniature ocean in midair with no sand and all gravity. Every wave that "crashed" flung a small strand of water that froze before it stuck to the wall. The temperature began to drop in the room. Bobby ducked and dodged every icicle dagger that got in the path of him going to his niece. Once he reached the bed he saw she was crying yellow tears, her eyes shining golden. He thought he heard her say "Mommy, You promised you wouldn't leave me like daddy. You promised!" He saw the walls begin to shake, and little bits of chipped paint began to fly off.

Bobby reached his hand out to the girl who was unaware of the chaos going on and unaware that he was there. "Adri, you're going to have to calm down sweetie. Adri," Adrianna began to gasp for air, hyperventilating herself into a panic. She wanted her mom. She just wanted her mom. Her mom always knew how to calm her down from the panic attacks she got after her nightmares. She wanted her mom. But her mom was gone.

Bobby put his hand behind the little girl's back, sat her up into a seated position, and began to rub her back. He spoke gently and calmly to Adri, careful not to upset her further.

"Adri, I want you to hold your breath. Your mind thinks that you can't breathe but there's so much air. It's ok. Fight that instinct and hold your breath. " It took a few minutes but Bobby got his niece to finally hold her breath. "Now, I'm going to count to five. On five, I want you to exhale slowly. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5." He rubbed down her back as she breathed out. "Now I'm going to count to seven. This time slowly breathe in. 1.2.3.4.5.6.7." He rubbed up her back as she inhaled slowly.

"Ok, exhale." She exhaled. The glass was molding itself back together. "Inhale." The cup looked brand new. "Exhale." The ice began to melt, the room began to repair. "Inhale." The water collected itself into a tiny torpedo, left all the bacteria it had collected, and hovered over the cup. "Exhale." The water slipped into the cup and the room looked like nothing had happened.

"I'll go get you some new water," Bobby spoke in the same gentle tone. Adri wanted to tell him that it was ok. She and her mom had tested it before to see if it was bad to drink after something like that. But she had never lost control like that. So she didn't say anything. She simply nodded her head and let him walk out. He grabbed a new glass and brought it back up after a minute.

He settled in the bed, sitting next to her, helping her hold the cup as she drank. After she finished, he set the cup down. She looked up at him with big watery eyes.