Time to Join a Support Group

Adri could feel the time ticking. While she might have been in a space outside of time, she could feel the need to solve the case. A woman's life was at stake and so was her baby's. Gabriel left the room to go and fetch her the honey chamomile tea she requested. Since he was gone, she dressed in the bedroom, ignoring the push at her mental block. She did want to know what happened, but after the incident in the bathroom, she couldn't bear to lose her focus. 

  "Okay, one honey chamomile tea for my girl. One coffee, black, pour Moi." Gabriel zapped back into the room, handing her the tea. 

  "D'accord, as-tu entendu quelque chose de nouveau pendant votre absence?" Adri questioned, gently stirring her tea before finding a sugar packet and dumping it into the cup. (1)

  "Don't be a smart ass,"  Gabriel scolded, fighting back a  smirk. Adri shrugged innocently and sipped from her cup. 

  "Je ne sais pas de quoi tu parles." Adri teased, picking up her purse, ensuring it had her tablet and everything else she needed.  (2)

   "I will tickle you if you don't stop." Gabriel threatened playfully. 

   "Qu'avez-vous contre le français?" She dove for the exit of the room and almost made it but Gabriel's arm snaked around her waist pulling her against his chest. He trapped her and put the tea and bag on the ground then his fingers danced along her midriff, eliciting her girlish laughs which then turned into snorts and uncontrollable laughs.(3)

   "S-Stop, Gab-by!" Adri howled, unable to breathe properly.

  "You gonna stop speaking that horrid language?" 

   "O-Oui!" (4)

   "You're gonna get it now!" Gabriel laughed until he heard the door squeak.

   "Get your hands off my daughter!" The man threw the door open and shoved Gabriel against the wall. 

   "D-Daddy?" Adri gulped, recognizing him as the same person from before. In shock, she felt her guard fall down. 

   "In the flesh, baby girl. Did ya miss me?" He teased affectionately, walking closer, holding his hand out. "Are you okay?" He asked, concerned. 

   "I'm fine. He wasn't hurting me. He's always done the quite opposite of that." Adri confirmed her father's suspicion. 

  "So, you've had an angel of the lord watching over you. My girl must be something special for that. " Lee turned to Gabriel, releasing him from his hold. "Is that why I could never track her down? I've gone to witches, seances, the internet, even blackmailed a few demons to try."

Adri's eyes widened at the effort her father had put into coming home. Gabriel clearly wasn't. 

  "When she was five, I had to brand her with the typical symbols to protect her. Those symbols hid her from demons, angels, witches, and all that. Although your stupidity is to blame for the internet." He snapped at Lee who didn't seem to even care. His eye refocused on his daughter who was standing in front of him. He hadn't seen her in years. But she looked very similar to her mother.

 "Where's Tana, baby girl?" Her breath hitched and she could feel herself begin to fight off flashbacks. She didn't want the memories. She had a case to work on. Her guard flew up.

  "Lee, I am working on a case right now a pregnant woman's life is on the line so I'm afraid the family reunion is going to have to wait. Come on Gabby, you know the drill." Adri collected her purse and tea and then exited the room. 

 "I, I could help!" Lee shouted, attempting to follow. Gabriel shook his head. 

 "Not today, Bastard."