Skin pt. 3

A/N: TRIGGER WARNING! This chapter will contain kidnapping and a torture session. If this makes you uncomfortable in any way, please feel free to skip to the end of the scene. I will bold the first and last sentences of the scene. The summary of the scene will be in a note like this at the end of the page. XOXO ~Happyhufflepuff514

"Alright, so what are we doin' here at 5:30 in the morning?" Dean asked, gripping his coffee close to his chest. He was keeping a close eye on the young woman.

"I realized something. The videotape shows the killer goin' in, but not comin' out." Sam hopped out of the car and began to walk towards the house. Adri followed him, placing her empty cup in a nearby trashcan.

"So, he came out the back door?" Dean leaned against the hood of his car.

"Right. So, there should be a trail to follow. A trail the police would never pursue." Sam explained, looking around the outside of the building. Adri rubbed her eyes and followed, looking at a telephone pole.

"'Cause they think the killer never left. And they caught your friend Zack inside," Dean finished. "I still don't know what we're doin' here at 5:30 in the morning." He mumbled. Adri almost laughed. Sam continued to ignore Dean as he neared where Adri had waved him over to see.

"Blood. Somebody came this way." The younger Winchester informed the brother who couldn't see. The group made their way to follow the tracks until there was nothing left to follow.

"Yeah, but the trail ends. I don't see anything over here. "An ambulance drove past them, which worried all three of them. They hurried to follow the emergency vehicle where they saw an Asian man handcuffed and being directed to step into a police car.

Dean asked a nearby woman, "What happened?"

"He tried to kill his wife. Tied her up and beat her," She informed, seeming disturbed.

"Really?" Sam asked, noticing Adri's skin turn pale.

"I used to see him going to work in the morning. He'd wave, say hello. He seemed like such a nice guy." They watched the man get taken away. Dean left to go investigate as Sam watched Adri glance around the area.

"Is everything alright Adri?"

"That man was in my vision yesterday. Zack was sitting on a bench watching him and his wife. I didn't even think to try to find him. I should've looked around for them. Maybe, maybe I could've stopped this from happening. I should've stopped this," She anxiously admitted. Her eyes landed on the bench she remembered.

"Hey, hey. You can't blame yourself for this. You couldn't even stand after your vision yesterday, let alone fight whatever this creature is. Whatever happened wasn't your fault. It's the creature's." Sam wrapped an arm around his best friend and gave her a comforting squeeze. "Come on, maybe we can find where it went out here like at Zack's."

They split up, looking around the house. Sam checked inside two garbage cans but found nothing. He walked to the front where Adri was waiting for him and Dean who was approaching the two.

"Hey, remember when I said this wasn't our kind of problem?"

"Yeah." Sam and Adri responded simultaneously.

"First, don't do that. You guys know how weird it is when you do. Second, this is definitely our kind of problem." The older Winchester grimaced. Sam smirked at his brother.

"What'd you find out?" Adri asked.

"Well, I just talked to the patrolman who was first on the scene, heard this guy, Alex's story. Apparently, the dude was driving home from a business trip when his wife was attacked." Sam glanced at Adri, silently asking if this was in her vision. She nodded.