Fake It

I
Am
So
Fucking
Tired
Of
Pretending.

I'm tired of pretending like I'm okay.

Like I didn't just curl into a ball on my shower floor and cry.

Like I didn't punch myself in the head and whimper your name.

Like the water didn't burn my cuts.

Like the cuts aren't there.

I am tired of pretending like I don't still wake up from nightmares about him, screaming for you to come save me.

Like the only way I can fall asleep after that is imagining your arms around me, telling me I'm safe.

Like I'm not CRYING RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

I am tired of pretending, to every single one of my friends, like there isn't still a hole in my chest and when they speak your name it gets bigger.

Like somehow the boys I talk to can replace you.

Like I've gotten over you.

I am tired of pretending to my best friend that I'm okay. That I can be there for her.

She's reading this and I'm sorry. I'm sorry but I can't even be there for myself right now. I'm dying inside and I wish I wasn't taking you down with me.

"Do you think it would be better if we weren't friends?"

I am tired of pretending like I don't see your face anymore when I close my eyes.

Like every thought that comes and involves you is so easy to push down.

Like I'm not waiting for you to tell me you're coming back.

I am tired of pretending like I can just forget you.

It's not that easy. I wish it was.

I am tired of pretending.

"LOVE IS WATCHING SOMEONE DIE

WHO'S GONNA WATCH YOU DIE?"