49 | a squall

7:32am

[ heizou 🔎 ]

heizou
hey kazuha

kazuha
yeah

heizou
r u at work

kazuha
just arrived, i'm walking there right now

why?

heizou
idk i woke up with a weird feeling today

is tomo w u

kazuha
he is

heizou
alr good

b careful both of u

kazuha
we will

is this another intuitive feeling

heizou
i guess so

kazuha
i see

see you later then

heizou
yea see u

seen

kazuha also had a strange feeling about today. mostly because of raiden's text to him yesterday.

but heizou's warning only made him more anxious. he was currently walking to the café with tomo, whose shift was going to start about an hour later.

though on the way there, he couldn't help but feel worried about you. he feared the shogun might have planned something against you, just like scaramouche did previously.

this put his nerves at unease, causing him to halt in his steps.

tomo flashed him a muddled look, unsure about why kazuha suddenly stopped walking. "what happened?"

"i need to see y/n," he declared. this added onto the ashy headed male's confusion. "huh right now? you can just text her."

"no, i need to check up on her in person," kazuha insisted. "you can go ahead, i'll catch up with you later tomo."

"but you'll be late for work." tomo was uncertain as to what made kazuha suddenly want to see you so eagerly, he could only assume something was wrong. "did something happen to y/n?"

"i don't know."

the man sighed, roughly stroking his hair away from his eyes. though, he could understand kazuha's concern, so he decided not to push it aside. "don't worry, i'll go check up on y/n. you go to work so you're not late," he suggested.

kazuha hesitated to accept. "are you sure? i'd prefer to go instead."

"nah don't worry, you can trust me. i'll be back quick," he reassured him. kazuha nodded, before grabbing his shoulder.

"make sure to be careful," he alerted him, his expression going stern. tomo didn't know what he was so afraid of but it didn't matter.