54 | rejuvenation

○♧○

○♧○

patience and self restraint is what kazuha told tomo when the shogun and scaramouche had betrayed them.

he told him that revenge wouldn't undo what had already been done. that it'd only feed his anger more.

however right now, that belief was slowly tearing itself apart as kazuha felt a familiar rage grow inside of him. continuous injustices couldn't be ignored. and this loss wouldn't go unnoticed. not this time.

abruptly, he picked himself up, causing you to do the same. "i need to go," he stated.

"where to?" you asked, feeling uneasy about his sudden urgency. he looked at you and smiled, "don't worry. i'll be back quick."

that wasn't reassuring to you, you kept your worried gaze on him. noticing your discontent, kazuha exhaled. he leaned in closer and gave you a kiss on the forehead, "trust me."

"will you be alright?" you asked him.

he did a small hum, then held your hand. "let's go, i'll walk you to your room first." you nodded in response.

you both walked out of the men's washroom, with a few people walking by flashing you weird looks. despite the embarrassment, you didn't pay much attention to it.

on the way to your room, you encountered gorou, who seemed to be more than relieved to have caught sight of you guys.

and next to him, stood a pink haired lady who you weren't able to recognize. she was also wearing a uniform similar to gorou's.

gorou rushed to you two as he sighed in relief. "thank the archons i found you. i wanted to say my condolences for tomo," he said, lowering his voice a bit. "what happened was horrible and we can't let the shogun get away with it."

kazuha nodded at gorou, then shifted his attention to the lady who was standing next to him.

she shot you both a soft smile, which somehow brought you solace. the lady was practically radiating comfort without having to say a word.

"i apologize for what happened. despite not having met him, i'm certain that tomo was a great man. the shogun will surely pay for his death and everything else that she has caused," she spoke gently.

regardless of her soothing voice, her demeanor was threatening. this made you shudder. "who is this?" you asked gorou.

"ah this is kokomi. she's like my boss aha," he nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

kokomi smiled. "i'd introduce myself properly but this hardly seems like the time. i've come here to help settle the matter with the shogun."

"thank you," kazuha replied, "though it seems too late now. the damage has already been cast." a bitter smile was plastered on his face.