51 | an old friend

○♧○

○♧○

"hey, are you alright?" kazuha heard a voice say to him.

the male glanced up and was rather surprised to see the familiar face. it was an old colleague of his, one he didn't expect to encounter here of all places.

"gorou?"

the brown headed boy's face lit up at the sight of his friend. "kazuha!" gorou exclaimed, before noticing kazuha's current position.

"wait, is everything good? why are you sitting on the sidewalk?" he asked with a puzzled expression, a bit concerned.

kazuha sighed, lifting himself up. "it's a long story."

"wanna talk about it?"

kazuha didn't want to explain everything that had happened. especially since he still needed time to sort out his thoughts.

luckily, gorou understood by his silence that he didn't want to talk. he patted kazuha's shoulder, "don't worry. i get it."

despite meeting him after a long time, he still knew his friend fairly well.

in the attempt of changing the topic, he took out something from his jacket. it was a blue badge. "hey look, i finally became an officer!" the male beamed with excitement.

this news managed to lighten kazuha's mood a bit as his face became less tense. "ah that explains the uniform. congratulations gorou, i know how hard you worked for that job."

"yep."

the two then stood there in the silence, neither knowing what to say next.

it continued on, until gorou could no longer withstand the tension. he let out a small sigh, then furrowed his eyebrows. "kazuha, what happened? you seem really afraid about something and it's worrying."

the platinum headed male quickly averted his gaze elsewhere, taking in a deep breath. "my friends," he said quietly.

gorou was taken by surprise, but didn't let it prevent him from asking more. "what about your friends?"

"i need to make sure they're alright," he replied, "that's all."

"ah, well where are they?"

"i'm not sure."

another period of silence took over. kazuha refused to elaborate any further since he didn't want to involve gorou into this mess as well.

though, gorou was an officer. this was basically his whole job. the male nodded his head and hummed, "alright then, i can help you find them. what are their names?"