68 | radiant

○♧○

○♧○

most of the group had successfully managed to return back to their normal lives; attending school, doing their jobs, tending to their regular responsibilities, etcetera.

today, you went to your scheduled college classes, leaving work for later.

meanwhile, kazuha and heizou were at the café as per usual, taking in orders and serving to the customers.

there was something specific that kazuha had wanted to speak to heizou about, but wasn't entirely sure how to bring the topic up.

until he saw the man unoccupied by the counter, counting the tips he had just collected. seeing as this was the perfect opportunity, kazuha didn't hesitate to take it.

he approached heizou, before offering to help him count his tips, to which heizou happily complied.

it was until he was almost finished counting that kazuha had brought the matter up. "gorou spoke to you the other day, yes?"

heizou simply hummed in response, not giving much attention to the random query. kazuha decided to continue. "he told me about the job offer he proposed to you, will you accept?"

this managed to grab heizou's interest as he lifted his gaze to meet kazuha's, while raising a brow. "the job at the tenryou commission?"

kazuha nodded at the male, prompting heizou to shrug his shoulders. "i don't know, probably not."

his answer served to be rather surprising for kazuha as he was now the one quirking up a brow. "why not?"

the auburn headed waiter sighed to himself, before placing down the tips and shifting his entire attention to kazuha. "because it doesn't feel right ditching you here, you know what i mean?"

kazuha shook his head. "you don't have to worry about me working alone here. y/n and scaramouche will soon get jobs here as well," he informed his friend.

heizou's eyes widened a bit at the unexpected news. "huh really?" he asked in puzzlement, to which kazuha hummed at.

"oh."

"i think you should accept the offer. besides, didn't you say you wanted to be more than just a waiter? if you work hard enough, you might even be promoted to a detective like you've always wished for. you're surely talented enough, which gorou noticed too."

heizou forced a small nod, though he was still conflicted whether to accept the offer or not. he knew if he did, he'd have to leave for awhile to take the training course for the job.