52 | butterfly

○♧○

○♧○

it was quiet. the nurses had left by now so you were all alone in the room.

you shifted your gaze to the window, trying to distract yourself by the scenery outside. although, the only thing you saw were the clouds.

until a butterfly appeared. you watched it flying across, then landing on the window.

it was a black one, which you hadn't really ever seen before.

while your gaze remained fixed on the pretty insect, someone opened the door, prompting you to turn your head. you felt much joy and relief seeing that kazuha was the one to walk in.

though before you could speak, the man suddenly pulled you into a hug, but carefully as to not hurt your injured arm.

despite being rather surprised by the random embrace, you were quick to return it.

the two of you stayed like that for awhile. mostly because kazuha didn't know how to start. but he didn't need to say anything, his actions said everything he wanted.

eventually, he pulled away to look at you. "how're you feeling?"

"i'm alright," you replied, "did you get any news about tomo?"

"that's a pretty butterfly," kazuha quickly changed the topic. you glanced back at the window and nodded, biting your lip anxiously.

"heizou is fine, he says his wound wasn't too deep," he notified, pausing for a moment before continuing. "tomo will be fine too."

"ah i see."

"who did this to you?"

you shrugged your shoulders. "it was some weird officer. he had black hair, black eyes. weirdly enough, he looked scared as hell too."

kazuha took in the information, making a mental note to tell gorou about it. heizou informed him of his attacker as well, mentioning how she wore a mask and had brown hair.

he trusted that gorou would be able to catch the two soon. then, he thought about the shogun. and how he'd provide proof that she was behind this.

"what will you do?" you were the one to inquire this time. kazuha crossed his arms and retrieved his attention back to you. "not sure yet."

as you two were conversing, the door opened again, revealing heizou along with your brother.

"how the fuck did you manage to get your arm shot." was the first thing your brother uttered.

you rolled your eyes at him, scoffing at his behavior. "a hello would've been better."

kazuha chuckled, as well as heizou. "how are you feeling y/n?" the auburn headed male spoke next.