58 | final step

○♧○

○♧○

once heizou was well rested enough, he went with gorou to look for the masked lady. scaramouche and cyno decided to tag along.

hopefully, they'd be able to find her quickly with the additional help.

kazuha chose to stay with you since gorou insisted him to rest. and kokomi was still with tomo, everyone had been patiently waiting for some sort of news from her.

currently, you and kazuha were headed towards tomo's home to check up on his cat.

kazuha had been doing it daily but today, you had the opportunity to go along with him as well. and of course, you were more than obliged to do so.

the car ride was short and awkward, with neither of you knowing what to say. which wasn't so surprising due to how chaotic the past few days had been.

nonetheless, you felt a huge amount of relief wash over you once you saw tomo's home coming ahead.

"we're here," kazuha announced, as he opened his car door to get out. you did the same.

the two of you walked up to the entrance, where kazuha then took out a key.

"you have his house keys?" you asked, a bit surprised. kazuha nodded with a small hum, "he's asked me to check up on his cat several times before. heizou has one too."

"oh." that added up.

after he opened the door, you both walked inside. and you began searching around for any sight of the small pet.

"she's white with blue eyes," kazuha described, to which you mentally noted.

tomo's house wasn't too big so you presumed it wouldn't take a long time to find her. and you served to be correct as kazuha found her huddled up beneath a table.

the poor cat was startled by his sudden appearance and began running around for a few seconds, before being able to recognize kazuha's face. that managed to calm her down.

kazuha got on his knees to pet the cat's head as she purred. "aw." you watched them from a distance.

you didn't want to scare her again. after all, this was technically your first time meeting the cat. tomo never really got the opportunity to show you her before.

"come on," kazuha glanced at you as he gestured his hand for you to come, "you can pet her too if you'd like."

you didn't hesitate to take the chance. while slowly walking up to her, you leaned down and pet her head gently.