22

Crowley hadn't slept in nearly a week. He couldn’t afford to let his guard down, especially after what had happened……

Aziraphale was curled up next to Crowley in their bed still fast asleep. Crowley was sitting up, propped up by a few pillows. He had spent the whole night keeping watch over Aziraphale and the baby. Aziraphale was four months along now and was already showing. The baby was growing quickly and was strong and healthy.

Aziraphale shifted as he drifted awake. "Crowley….good morning."

"Good morning my angels."

Aziraphale pushed himself up with an elbow when he noticed the bags under his husband's eyes. "You didn't sleep again."

"S'alright." Crowley murmured in reply, "M'fine."

"Crowley, the….incident….was a week ago. The baby and I are perfectly fine, and you heard the Almighty herself….our Eden is under her protection."

"I know that Angel. But the thought of those bastards even knowing about my little girl…." Crowley grimaced at the memory of Aamon's bloody teeth and claws as he stood over Aziraphale…..

"How about some breakfast Angel?" Crowley said hurriedly, changing the subject. "What would you and Eden like today?"

"I want you to get some sleep." Aziraphale murmured. "And I'm afraid that you can't get me what I'm craving…."

Crowley grinned. "Try me, love." 

"Only if you promise to get some sleep if you are able to find the particular food I am craving dear boy."

"Fine," Crowley rasped. "Wot are you craving, Angel?" 

"Eel." 

"Eel?" 

Aziraphale nodded. "Don't you remember, I used to eat eel quite frequently back in the day." 

Eel was once a popular delicacy during the Victorian Era and it was once Aziraphale's favorite food before it fell out of favor among the humans. 

"Pfft. That's it? I can get eel for you, no problem."

Aziraphale smiled. "Good, then you'll be able to get some sleep."

Crowley shrugged as he kissed Aziraphale before he crawled out of bed, highly doubtful that he would go to sleep anytime soon. 

Aziraphale smiled smugly as Crowley snored loudly. Crowley had laid his head against Aziraphale's distended stomach once his husband began to eat, only to fall asleep within seconds. The demon had found a Asian restaurant that had eel on the menu. It wasn’t quite like the elegant dish that Aziraphale used to eat but the angel was delighted all the same. He was even more delighted that his husband was finally asleep.