Miscommunication

Shinsou went to treat his burns after that and ran into Monoma in the infirmary wing.

"Oh hello there 1-A newbie."

"Monoma."

The blonde cackled and threw his head back.

"I saw your midterm, very well done I must say...but that girl with you...Celeste? Her quirk is pretty useless when it comes to rescue isn't it? It's all light and fire."

"Oh yea she's so useless. A terrible hero, really who could ever hope to be successful with such a weird quirk." Shinsou mocked in a monotone voice.

"I-is that really what you think of me?" A voice said from behind the purple haired boy as he spun around quickly to face the girl.

"Cel no I-"

"SAVE IT SHINSOU! I CAN'T BELIEVE I EVER TRUSTED, NO, LOVED YOU!" Celeste yelled as she bolted away, crying and eventually sprouting her wings and flying away.

"Well well...isn't that unfortunate." Monoma smirked. Shinsou snapped back at the boy angrily and punched him across the face causing him to run away.

The next few days, all of the girls gave him dirty looks and looked like they wrote his name in their death notes. He had tried talking to Celeste but she wouldn't leave her room. She would only leave to attend class but even then she never even looked at the boy. Always keeping a sweater or cloak on, covering her entire body, even during hero training. Eventually, they had to leave for the summer camp and were forced to train together.

They had all packed into the bus that early morning and Celeste had immediately gone for one of the back seats and pressed up against the corner. Mineta had taken this as an opportunity to be a pervert and sat next to her.

Halfway through the bus ride, Shinsou looked back at the girl to see she had fallen asleep looking out the window. Her face while hidden, showing clear signs of her tired face. The small grape boy was staring at her and drooling much to Shinsou's dismay. He constantly kept checking on her to make sure Mineta wouldn't do anything until the grape boy decided it would be a good idea to use her chest as a pillow.

"Oi! Mineta!" He yelled angrily, catching the attention of some people. "Switch with me."

"Pfft. No way man, you had your chance and blew it." The smaller boy scoffed as Shinsou got up and walked to the back.

"I said, switch with me grape bunch, you're not touching her." He growled lowly.

"F-fine bro, geez." Mineta cursed as he switched to sit next to Todoroki, getting glares from all the girls.

Mina turned in her seat to look at Shinsou and the sleeping girl next to him and gave a small smile.

"I may be mad at you for hurting her. But I can tell you care." She said.

"I do, but what she heard the other day, it wasn't the truth. I was being sarcastic with Monoma. I would never even CONSIDER thinking of her like that. She's...amazing, and I love her..."

Shinsou said quietly to the alien girl and brushed a white strand of hair away from the girl's face gently.

"Say I believe you... what could I do to help her talk with you?" She offered.

"No, she'll think I convinced you to do something. This is my misunderstanding to fix, don't worry." He said with a grim look.

Eventually, the bus stopped for a supposed stretch break and everyone but Celeste, who was still asleep, got out. Shinsou looked at the sleeping girl and considered waking her, but knew she wouldn't have a good reaction.

Once he stepped out of the bus however, a loud scream erupted from the vehicle, calling his attention back to the sleeping girl who was now shaking in the corner of the bus with her head buried in her knees.

He bolted inside, being immediately followed by Momo and Mina. He saw a bundled Celeste in the corner, cloak becoming wet with tears.