When Dylan Met Kayden & Robert

Dylan(8), Kayden(8), Robert(8), Ric(25), Riley(25), Angela(6), Dominick(3), Mario(3), Brando(2), Ruth(1), Seth(48), Linda(48)

On September 20th of 1913, Dylan and his family were driving to the LaTierris' household since the judge, named Seth LaTierri, invited the family for his son, Robert's 8th birthday party. Dylan's father, Ric Zuko, was really good friends with Seth, since 1897 when his mother Dorothy filed for divorce. But they haven't hung out or talked to each other since before Dylan started 2nd grade. Once they arrived at the LaTierris' household, Ric parked his car in the street. "Here we are!" Ric smiled.

"Cake time!" Dominick cheered as they all got out of the car.

Ric and Riley chuckled at them as they walked up to the front door and Ric knocks on the door. Robert's mother, Linda LaTierri, opens the door and smiles at them.

"Oh you must be the Zukos'." She smiled. "Come in, please!"

They walked inside.

"Robert, come here dear!" Linda called out.

Robert came running inside from out back while playing with the other kids.

"Sweetheart, I want you to meet a very good friend of your dad's. This is Ric Zuko, his wife Riley Zuko and his children Dylan, Angela, Dominick, Mario, Brando and Ruth Zuko."

"Hello, it's really nice to meet you!" Robert smiled.

He shook Ric's hand.

"Your dad was right, such a polite young man." Ric smiled.

"I know!" Robert smiled proudly.

They chuckled at him.

"Dear, why don't you take the kids with you to play out back before cake time." Linda said to her son as she kissed his head.

"Ok mom, come on guys." Robert spoke.

Dylan held Brando's hand as they walked down.

"Happy birthday, Robert!" Angela smiled.

They awed at her.

"Thank you, Angela." Robert smiled. "My real birthday is on September 16."

"Cool!" Dylan smiled.

Robert nods.

"But at least we get to party all night long!" Robert grinned.

Dylan chuckled at him.

"Sweet!" Dylan grinned.

"How old are you, Robert?" Dominick asked.

"Dommy." Dylan scolded with a laugh.

"It's ok Dylan," Robert assured him. "I'm 8 years old now."

"You're 8 just like Dillie!" Mario smiled, making them chuckle.

They walk outside, Dylan's younger siblings went to play with the other younger kids while Dylan stood by Robert.

"My dad told me that Mr. Zuko had a son around my age and I couldn't wait to meet you." Robert smiled.

Dylan chuckled at him.

"Me too, kid." Dylan smiled.

Dylan looked over to see another boy walking over to them, he had dirty blonde hair.

"Hey birthday boy!" The boy smiled.

Robert laughed a little.

"Kayden, this is Dylan Zuko." Robert said to his best friend. "Dylan, this is my best bud, Kayden Murdoch." He introduced.

"Sup?" Kayden asked with a nod.

"Good, you?" Dylan asked.

"Not bad." Kayden replies.

"My two best friends!" Robert smiled, draping his arms around their shoulders.

They chuckled at him while Kayden ruffled his hair, before Robert went to introduce Dylan to their other friends. Of course they all thought Dylan was the coolest kid ever. Even though Dylan just met the boys, but he felt like he had met all of his lifelong best friends. Maybe their sons will be long-time best friends as well.