Father-Son Talk

Dylan(19), Diane(19), Kayden(19), Kathleen(19), Robert(19), Sharleen(19), David(19), Addison(19), Peter(18), Peyton(18), Ric(36)

On June 28 of 1924, Dylan was sitting out back with his father, chatting while Diane and Riley were shopping. "I can't believe my lil' man is all grown up." Ric smiled.

Dylan lets out a chuckle.

"Yeah." He spoke, before letting out a big sigh.

Ric knew something was bothering his eldest.

"You ok, my boy?" He asked.

Dylan looked over at his father and nodded his head.

"Yeah." Dylan let out a laugh. "I'm alright, dad."

Ric lets out a deep sigh.

"My boy," He started. "You need to stop worrying so much."

Dylan just nods his head.

"Yeah, I know." He spoke. "It's just...I just..."

"Son, I promise you that you'll never ever become like your grandfather." Ric told him. "My boy, before you and the kids were born...your Uncles and I made a pack to make sure you kids are in a safe, healthy and stable environment home."

Dylan looks over at him.

"Remember what I told you on your 9th birthday?" Ric asked.

Dylan smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I do." He said. "That I was the key hold of this family."

"And you still are." Ric tells him. "And I am so forever grateful to have met your mother and had you adorable kiddos."

Dylan let out a sad chuckle.

"Yeah..." He spoke.

Ric lets out a sigh.

"Listen son, you need to stop worrying." Ric tells him. "Don't end up like me before you were born, it'll drive you crazy." He added.

"But you got better." Dylan says.

"Yes, I did." Ric said. "But...I don't want any of you kids to end up like me."

"Dad, I did become like you." Dylan told him, Ric looks over at him. "Strong and protective."

Ric smiled at him.

"Dad, I watched you become this man I knew who was a troubled soul..." Dylan spoke. "And I knew I wanted to be just like him, the man who would do anything for his loved ones." Ric let out a small chuckle.

"And I kept my promises since I was 10." He adds.

Ric looked at him confused.

"That I was gonna name my firstborn son after Uncle Derek." Dylan told him.

Ric awed at him.

"He'll love that, my boy." He said, patting his back.

Dylan smiled.

"But I'm not gonna let my kids go into war." He added.

Ric chuckled at his son.

"Good." Ric smiled. "I don't want any of my grandkids getting hurt."

Dylan chuckled at him.

"But...it's good that we have young men who protect our country." He spoke.

"Yeah, I agree." Dylan says to him.

"Your Uncles told me that I need to stop babying you kids." Ric said.

Dylan laughed a little.

"But to be fair," Ric added. "Every child needs a parent who loves them.

"I agree, dad." Dylan smiled as Ric kissed his head.

"Dad." Dylan laughed.

They talked some more, just having a good father and son conversation. Dylan was still terrified of becoming like his grandfather, but knows very well that he will not end up like Heldon Zuko.