When Diane Met Peyton

Diane(9), Peyton(8)

On November 13 of 1914, the now 9½ years old Diane Mebberson was sitting in class reading her book before class started, until she felt somebody sat down next to her and so she looked up to see another girl with long blonde hair. She looks like a very nice girl, shy and quiet. Diane knew that she would be her new best friend. "Hi!" Diane smiled as the girl looked up at her and gave her a friendly smile.

"Hello." The blonde hair girl greeted.

"I'm Diane Mebberson." Diane introduced herself.

"I'm Peyton Tran." The blonde girl replied smiling.

"Awe, it's so nice to meet you." Diane smiled.

"You too." Peyton smiled back.

"I can tell we're gonna be best of friends." Diane smiled.

"Really?" Peyton asked.

"Of course." Diane smiled.

"Great, thanks!" Peyton smiled.

"Anytime!" Diane smiled.

Peyton shyly looks down at her book.

"Do you wanna hang out after school?" Diane asked her while Peyton looked up at her again.

"Really?" Peyton asked.

"Of course!" Diane replied with a warm smile. "So what do you say?"

Peyton nods her head.

"That'll be great!" Peyton responded.

"Yay!" Diane smiled as she side-hugged her. "We're gonna have lots of fun!"

"Totally!" Peyton agreed.

They talked some before the teacher came into the room. They hope to be best friends for a long time, maybe their kids will be best friends forever like their mothers. This is a new beginning of a sisterhood. Peyton was so blessed to have a great friend like Diane, especially with her being super shy.