Chapter 37 - Great night

*not edited*

Fear coursed through my veins as my fingers tightened around Jessica's neck, her eyes were wide and I could smell the terror radiating of her. Quickly I let her go, and she fell to the floor with a thump dragging in quick short gulps of air as she looked up at me.

Flexing my hands and fingers I felt the claws retract and with a few deep breaths I was able to calm my wolf down enough to have control. I could feel her clearly in my head, smugly trotting around as she broke through the wall that I had placed there months ago.

"You... You..." Jessica gasped starring up at me.

"I warned you not to speak like that." I said calmly, trying to keep my wolf from surfacing anymore and ripping Jessica's face off.

"What... What are you?" Jessica asked slowly standing while supporting herself on the wall, I watched her every movement with narrowed eyes.

"I'm your future Luna, so show some respect." I growled lowly.

Jessica bowed her head in submission and looked down at the ground, biting her lip, her eyes began to water. Seriously, water works now.

"You... You have a wolf?" She asked quietly.

"Yes... and no."

Her head snapped up and our eyes locked, "What do you mean?" She snapped, I narrowed my eyes causing her to gulp, "Luna."

"It means she's there but I won't use her." Sorry girl, but if you want to be with Hunter, sleep for a bit.

"Won't?" Iris asked from behind me and I turned to see everyone else in the room staring at me.

"That's right I won't, she's... dangerous."

"You won't?" Jessica hissed and I turned to look at her again, "my father always told me to have a strong mate, someone who could protect me! And what did I get! A human!"

"Jess what are you talking about?" Rex asked, worry laced in his words.

"You heard me!" Jessica snapped flinging her arms out and walking passed me so she could pace in the room, "my mates a human!"

She paused in her pacing and laughed throwing her head back and then she went silent. Her eyes softened and began to water as she looked at me again.

"I was always told I needed a strong mate, but what if I don't want one." Jessica shook her head and her hands, that had formed fists, began to tremble, "when I first saw him, he was perfect, I didn't even realise he was human until I touched him. My dad... My dad would never approve, I'm a beta, I can't... can't have a weak mate."

"So Hunter's your only option?" Iris hissed glaring at Jess, "anyone who steals someone else's mate doesn't deserve one!"

"Iris." Nicky said softly glancing at Jessica.

"No Nicky, it's the truth, she tried to take Sarah's mate!"

"Iri-"

"She's right," Jessica interrupted softly, "you don't deserve Hunter." She turned back to look at me and I raised an eyebrow.

"Jessica." Rex growled lowly.

"Hunter's father was the greatest Alpha there ever was, and that will pass down to Hunter." Jessica stood up straight holding her head high and glaring at me, "someone who won't shift could never stand next to him as his Luna, you can't stand next to him!"

Taking a deep breath I turned to face Rex who was practically trying to burn Jessica with his eyes, "Rex can you leave."

He quickly turned to look at me, "Sarah with all due respect, I'm going to stay."