Chapter 2 - Shopping encounter

*not edited*

Waking up in the morning I thought that perhaps the previous night had all been a dream. Then I fell out of bed and realised that life is just never that kind to me. So to quickly summarise all my thoughts, as I lay on the floor staring up at the ceiling with my legs lost in the coils of my duvet, I let my mind organise itself.

The Darkmoon Pack was visiting our town for a week, hopefully, during that time I am unable to turn into my wolf, in case they saw me. So basically it's like locking someone up in a padded room and not locking the door. There's some guy in a white coat outside saying 'You can come out, but if you do you're screwed'.

Man I hate that guy.

Anyway, after untangling myself and talking to myself (which is not a sign of madness, I assure you) I wandered downstairs wrapping my thin dressing gown around my waist and plodding into the kitchen. Most of my family were already up and sitting around the centre isle, each on top of a bar stool.

We did have a dining room but we rarely used it, since we were messy eaters and there are only so many times Mum will clean that room up before she flips. Then Dad flips and we get shouted at, which isn't fun, trust me.

"Morning Sash, fall out of bed again." Nick chuckled swirling his orange juice around in his glass like it was some fancy wine.

"Morning Nick, remembered to put your face on today." I smiled back taking a gulp of my own juice.

"He woke up at five to do it, give him some credit for trying" Aaron chuckled.

"Shut it."

"Make me."

"Boys." Our mother's sweet voice entered the fight, "Not at the table."

"Yeah boys." I grinned, copying my Mum's tone.

"Sasha." She glared at me.

"Sorry Mum."

She relaxed when I called her that, I could tell that she was still upset about last night since I hadn't had a chance to apologise. It wasn't her fault I was born this way, well it isn't anyone's fault. Most people think I'm their real daughter, which I am, so at school and in town everyone just thinks I inherited some great great great grandma's hair colour. But with wolves they know that can't true, that's when the lies come out.

"What are your plans today kids?" Mum asked throwing food onto our plates and watching us devour it all.

"Nothin' much." Nick answered between mouthfuls of bacon.

"I need to go into town sometime." I stopped eating to reply, but saw the worried look on Mum's face. "I'll be careful."

"You better; you know that with wolves around they might smell ya." Nick leaned over and breathed in deeply, before shaking his head and fake grimacing, "you smell like a dog."

"And you don't?" Meg walked in and sat down thanking Mum when food was added to her plate, "It's easy to explain the scent, because others think you get it because you live with us, not because you're actually a wolf."

"I know, I know." I grumbled munching on a piece of toast.

"I'll drive you." Aaron said swallowing some of his scrambled egg.

"Thank you Aaron that would give me some peace of mind." Mum smiled sitting down and holding her cup of tea between her hands.

"I'll go too; I need to grab some things." Megs smiled, cutting her food elegantly.

"Okay, are you guys gonna be following me around every time I leave the house until those guys go." I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yes."