Chapter 5

Zacks POV

I sigh, looking around the empty bar. It's quiet- peaceful even, without the annoying ass customers.

I bring the bottle of my beer up to my lips, taking a sip as I scroll on my phone, killing time.

I hear the door open. I would assume it's Henry, but it's more likely that Beyonce walks in here than Henry being early.

Instead of Henry, or Beyonce, Leo walks in, his eyes on his phone. He looks up, and his eyes meet mine as he stops walking. "You're here early" He states.

I hum. I'm sitting on the bar top, my legs dangling off the edge. I place my half-empty beer bottle down beside me. "Time on my phone was wrong" I explain shortly, and he nods.

I look at him, trying to figure out what's off.

He's been here for a whole minute now and hasn't pissed me off. Something is wrong..horribly wrong.

His face is normal. He might look a little tired but don't we all. He's wearing his usual dark grey suit. With the top two buttons undone, showing off what I think is a silver chain, and his hair looking messy yet perfect. He pulls off his usual professional-but-not look.

"I must admit, I'm flattered you're checking me out" Leo chuckles, slowly walking over to me. I roll my eyes. "I'm trying to figure out what's wrong. Your presence hasn't annoyed me yet" I tell him.

"Awe, I'm growing on you" He smiles. "Nevermind. You're back to pissing me off" I mutter, scowling at myself for jinxing it. I should have just been grateful for the quiet.

"Does the truth often piss you off?" He asks, deciding to stand directly in front of me. "No. It's just you" I tell him, patting his cheek.

"So tell me, why are you here?" I ask, and he chuckles as he pulls out a box of cigarettes from his pocket, taking one out and placing it between his lips as he puts the box away.

"I own this place need I remind you" Leo says while I pull out my lighter from my pocket. I light the cigarette for him, before placing it on the countertop beside me. "You never let me forget" I mutter, taking the cigarette from him. He chuckles while I put the cig to my lips.

"You know, I think you're starting to love me" Leo sighs, and I roll my eyes playfully. "And tell me, why's that?" I ask, handing him the cigarette. He takes it. "What's the fun in telling you? I'll let you figure it out on your own" Leo smiles, and I shake my head, amused.

"Whatever you say" I chuckle, watching as he blows out smoke. "Tell me how you got stuck working at a place like this?" He asks randomly, handing the cigarette back to me.

"Well from a young age I always dreamed of being a bartender at a shady bar" I sigh, causing him to let out a genuine laugh. I smile, taking a minute to just watch him laugh before continuing. "You know something about serving drunk assholes always made me smile".

"I can see the appeal," Leo says, and I hum, looking around the empty bar. I hand him back the cigarette while I sigh, leaning back on my hands.

"Honestly? I thought it was a normal bar at first. I worked part-time, and when I covered my co-worker's shift one Friday night, I was rather surprised, to say the least," I say, chuckling at the memory.

I asked my manager, who was working with me that night, why we weren't breaking up the fight. She smiled, patted my cheek before walking off.

"What about you? Did you always dream about running an illegal bar?" I ask, wondering how one even starts something like this.

Leo chuckles. "Mafia shit" Is all he says. My interest perks at the simple mention of the mafia. "Care to explain?" I ask, trying to sound uncaring and chill but he sees right through me.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" Leo smirks, and I shrug, pretending not to care even though I'm disappointed. He knows I'm desperate to find out more. He just doesn't know how desperate.

No joke, I'd suck him off in return for just one of my questions answered. I'm that desperate. Thank god he doesn't know that though.

"My family's rich. So buying this place wasn't that big of a deal to me" Leo says, and I stare at him curiously. "How rich are we talking?".

"Rich rich," He says, and my eyes widen. He could have mentioned that before I decided I hated him.

"Shit. Need me to polish your shoes for you?" I mumble, and he smirks. "I would like to see you get down on your knees.." He says, and I can't help but snort. I should have seen that one coming.

"So what? Does your family own a company or something? Famous relative maybe?" I ask, wondering if he's related to some famous actor.

"Have you heard of Hendrix.Co?" Leo asks, and I hum. "What about- no" I freeze, staring at him in disbelief. He hums, taking a puff of the cigarette.

"Rich rich is a fucking understatement" I mumble. He's a fucking billionaire-.. shit.

"What the fuck are you doing in a place like this? Shouldn't you be...I don't know, sitting on some gold private jet being hand-fed grapes?" I mumble. He laughs at my words. "Id choose a bar over a gold jet anyway".

"You can give it to me if you want" I mumble. He laughs again.

My mind then makes a connection. "Shit- that's how you know Cameron. My brother's friends with your sister. And if he's friends with her so is Cameron since those two have no other friends.." I connect the dots out loud, looking down as I think.

"Wait but they're dating- no" I whisper in horror as I make another realisation. With my eyes wide and my face pale, I look at Leo who looks confused.

"Oh my fucking god, no" I whisper, standing up off the bar top as I pace back and forth.

"What?" Leo asks, looking at me bewildered. I place my hand over my mouth as I stare at him. "I got a handjob from my best friends, girlfriends, older brother" I mumble, running a hand through my hair.

"That's messed up. Oh my fucking god" I whisper, before turning to see how Leo is coping.

He's fucking smirking.

"You knew, didn't you?" I scowl. What am I saying- of course he fucking knew. Leo nods. "Indeed I did, darling. And I have no regrets" Leo smiles, shooting me a wink.

"Of course you don't, you clearly think with your dick" I mumble, turning around so he can't see my face that feels abnormally warm all of a sudden.

I hear him gasp. "True, but hurtful," He says, and I can't help the laugh that slips past my lips.

He's so irritating sometimes but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find him and his sexual jokes hilarious.

I'd also be lying if I said I had regrets.