Chapter 21

Leo's POV

**Military School**

"Fuck off Alex," I say, and he rolls his eyes. "Sage, back me up here," I say while glaring at Alex.

Sage stays silent.

I look at him, seeing him just staring at me blankly. I frown. "Why don't you talk anymore?" I ask for the millionth time. It's become a daily question. I hope one day we get an answer.

"We miss hearing your bad insults" Alex adds, and I nod. Sage's lips turn up into a tiny smile. That's his new smile. One you can barely see without a magnifying glass.

"Hey wait, why are you on my bed?" Alex asks us, and Sage ignores the question. Alex turns to me. I roll my eyes. "Well I'm not going to sit on the bottom bunk" I say in a 'duh' tone.

"This isn't your bunk at all" Alex points out. Sage and Alex share a bunkbed, while I have the bottom bunk beside them. "I feel left out over there," I say, and Alex sighs while Sage pats my shoulder.

"Presley!" Someone shouts.

"Shit" I mutter, as does everyone else.

Presley does random room checks every now and then to check for contraband. So whenever someone gives the warning he's coming, it's a race to hide all our shit.

I hope off Alex and Sage's bed and go to my own. I grab my packet of cigarettes and quickly shove them into the bottom of my shoe.

"Line up!" I hear him yell, and I stand by the end of my bed like everyone else.

Everyone goes completely silent as the guards start walking around and checking everyone's bunk. I glance over at Sage and Alex, seeing them nudging each other with their elbows, trying not to laugh. I find it funny just watching the two.

"Something funny triplets?" Presley yells, suddenly right in front of us. He has always hated us. Even from day one.

Alex and Sage look at me, and we share a grin. "No sir," Me and Alex both say in union.

Presley walks up to Sage, stopping right in front of him. "I said is there something funny?" He repeats, staring up at Sage. That's right- he has to look up at him. Presley is 5'9. While Sage is a bloody giant and is 6'2. He completely towers over all of us here, even most of the teachers.

Sage doesn't answer him, just stares at him. "Ten minutes extra laps for disrespect" Presley decides. Sage gives no reaction.

Me and Alex both do.

Presley specifically hates Sage. He always picks on him simply because he knows Sage doesn't talk, and that he won't stand up for himself.

Alex snorts. "He hasn't talked for the whole six months we've been here," He says. "Did you expect today to be any different?" I ask. "You wore your lucky socks and thought he might pay you some attention, is that it?" Alex says finally, and Presley glares at us while people around us snicker quietly.

We're their main source of entertainment here.

"Ten minutes extra laps for all three of you," Presley says. "Looking forward to it" I grin, and his jaw clenches as he stares at me. "Fifteen for you".

"We feel a bit left out" Alex frowns.

"Fifteen for all three of you" He mutters.

"In maths class, we learnt to round things up-"

"Twenty minutes extra laps, now all three of you shut up!" Presley yells, looking fucking livid. A second of silence goes by.

"Two" Alex corrects.