Chapter 18

Leo's POV

I glance at the time on my phone, then back at his house. I texted him over ten minutes ago, telling him I'm outside. He said, and I quote, 'If you knock on the door, you won't make it out of the driveway alive'.

Because I'm impatient, and overall enjoy his anger, I get out of my car and walk up to the door.

I don't knock on the door, I ring the doorbell instead. So technically, I'm not breaking any rules.

A few seconds later the door opens, revealing not Zack but Cameron. My little sister's boyfriend, who I'm starting to like.

"You here for Zack?" He asks, opening the door more for me. I nod my head in reply. "He's in the kitchen," He says, gesturing me inside.

I step in, closing the door behind me, before following Cameron into the kitchen.

There, I see Zack with his back to me, standing at the end of a kitchen table with a big knife in his hand. On the opposite side of the table, is his brother Noah, looking quite scared.

"I'm sorry-" "Fuck off!" Zack yells.

"Zack-" Cameron gets cut off. "Shut the fuck up" Zack mutters, and Cameron sighs.

I lean against the kitchen doorway, beyond amused.

"Done!" Someone says, and I look, seeing Riley, Cameron's little sister. She's holding an empty plate while smiling up at Cameron.

"You ate everything? Well done" He smiles, taking the plastic plate off her and giving her head a kiss, making her giggle.

I'm not exactly sure what the situation is, but Cameron minds his sister full-time. He has for a few months now. From what I remember him telling us, his sister used to live in New Orleans with his mother and stepdad.

His mother is still alive as far as I know, yet she doesn't mind Riley anymore.

Cameron's dad passed away a few weeks ago, and I attended the funeral with Charlotte. His mother made an appearance, as well as her husband and kids. From that small interaction, I can tell Riley is better off here.

Riley is the most adorable little thing ever. It's unfortunate she got stuck with such shitty parents. But as sad as it is, Cameron is clearly taking good care of her. He shouldn't have to. The kid is still in school, but he's doing a good job.

Riley stares at me, grinning as she runs over and hugs my legs. I laugh, smiling down at her. She stuck by my side for most of the funeral, oddly enough. I've been told I'm good with kids.

"Leo!" She cheers, looking up at me. I boop her little button nose, making her grin.

"What?!" Zack snaps his head around, and I shoot him a smile.

"Is that-" "How long have you been standing there?" Zack scowls, waving the knife around as he talks.

"I tried telling you" Cameron shrugs, putting the plastic plate in the sink. "Why the fuck is Charlotte's brother in our kitchen?" Noah says confused.

"How the fuck do you know she's Charlotte's brother?" Zack asks. Riley grabs my forearm, looking at it confused.

She's staring at my tattoos closely. "She showed us a picture" Noah shrugs. "Now why is he in our house?".

I stay out of their conversation. "Why is there drawings on your skin?" Riley asks confused, and I chuckle. "They're tattoos. Drawings that stay forever" I explain, and she giggles.

"You have a flower" She points to my wrist. I hum, glancing at the tattoo with a sad smile. "It's a daisy. My brother liked daisies" I tell her, and she traces it with her finger. That was one of the first tattoos I ever got. After Owen died. He always loved those flowers.