6 days

Taehyung doesn't remember ever being this agitated on any morning in a long time

It's always his duty to close their cafe at night, and Yoongi's to open it in the morning. He was not a morning person and Yoongi was not a night person, so they had made such a deal.

Today, as an exception, Yoongi had asked if he could open it because he had a doctor's appointment to go. Tae insisted on going with him first, then was compelledly convinced that he didn't need to go and had to open the place because of his friend's gaze under straight eyebrows.

The only problem is, when he remembered this, he was still in the middle of his morning routine, which he did by lingering around his house for minutes every day.

The moment he remembered, he left everything in his house and got ready to run and had to choose the subway direction instead of the one he normally walks.

As his long legs race down the stairs to the subway, the only thing on his mind is the work clothes he has to tuck in his bag and other odds and ends he threw on them.

He hates having his clothes wrinkled. And probably because he's avoiding listening to his friend's scolding right now, the stuffed clothes must be in a much worse shape than being wrinkled.

When Taehyung hears the sound of the train standing in the area, he jumps the last two steps of the stairs at the same time and continues without stopping even if he stumbles, but even though he tried his best, his hand hits the closing doors of the train hard, and a curse comes out of his mouth.

He checks the watch on his wrist as the cold metal of the train stays under his palm for a few seconds and then moves loudly away.

He turns to the side wearily and looks for the screen that shows the time of the next train, trying to ignore the annoyance of the loud conversations, laughters and echoing footsteps of the people around him. He hates subways.

There are 9 minutes until the next train arrives.

He really hates subways.
And it had nothing to do with the fact that he couldn't be strong enough to ignore the fairy like glowing face on the other side of the rails, on the opposite side of the direction he was going, and walk away.

Taehyung forgets where he is. The sounds around him were silenced in an instant, the people who touched him on the shoulder did not feel even as heavy as a feather.

On the one hand, his mind is trying to activate him by saying 'don't stop, do something', but he has become rigid.

Except for the rusty iron filled space between them, he's standing a few meters away. And when Taehyung saw a slight smile on the matured face of the man who responding to his stare with winking eyes, he thought he's dreaming.

There are 7 minutes until the next train arrives.

He thought he's dreaming, because meeting him for the first time in three years at this station, where he had seen him for the last time.. it didn't fit at all with the way their quite unvarnished story is going.

Especially the fact that the beauty in his smile and the heart tickling feeling of his squinting eyes haven't changed even a little, prevents Tae from clinging to reality.

Why would he smile even if he was really standing in front of him? Wasn't he just as angry with Taehyung as he was with himself?

He wouldn't mind if the moment he was in was from an earlier time, one of those times when he was dreaming of him, mostly drinking alone. But he knows he's back home. And in none of his dreams does Jimin ever smile at him like this anymore. Even in one.

As the smile on Jimin's face grows, Tae remembers the night he leaned Jimin against the wall right behind him at this stop, in the middle of the night.

As the foziness on his own face settles, he remembers end of that night, when Jimin left after collapsed next to the same wall, crying.

No matter how guilty he feel and how angry at him for running away, leaving their problems like a burden between them, a feeling that Taehyung couldn't help not let his eyes look away from him, filled his entire body.

Longing.

His skin is still fair and bright. His eyes look much more tired than Taehyung had remembered the last time.

Everything, Tae thinks.

His messy hair, rosy cheeks that were always shining, his cardigans he still has one on and that keeps falling off his shoulders, little fingers wrapped tightly in his shoulder bag, and dozens of details that Taehyung has memorized each and every one of them.

He missed everything about him, so desperately.

There are 2 minutes until the next train arrives.

And Taehyung will use every second of those 2 minutes until the oncoming train closes the sight of the two of them, to be able to look at this beautiful face again with the confidence of the distance between them, with the courage of not having to say anything.

-