36 days

Jimin didn't know how many minutes it had been since he got into bed

Jimin didn't know how many minutes it had been since he got into bed. Normally, he doesn't like to go to bed before midnight because his already existing insomnia irritates him even more when he does and can't sleep.

After a whole night yesterday which he couldn't sleep at all, today it was as if the day dragged on. While the only light in his room was emitted from the lampshade on the nightstand, he was turning left and right, blowing.

When he turned to his right, he could feel soft fingertips moving around his collarbones.

When he turned to his left, he could feel the warm breath hitting his face again. He couldn't get the face out of his mind, looking into his eyes like an innocent child and waiting for his permission.

"I hate Seokjin for forcing him to come with me," he mutters to himself as he pressed his palms to his face abashedly.

Then the voice in his mind, it sounds a bit like Seokjin, had asked, 'did Seokjin make you go to his house and sleep in his bed when you couldn't sleep?'

"Ah, shut up," Jimin whines, this time with his hands in his hair.

In the end, unable to bear it, he kicks the cover off. Jungkook is out with his classmates, so he doesn't care about the noise he makes, he brutally opens the door and pulls it behind him, bare feet pressing hard on the floor, heading for the kitchen.

It's as if he's trying to reflect his spiritual ambition onto physical things when he moves roughly, which is not a trait Jimin likes very much, but he can't help it either, he even felt partially relieved -that's why it's a little scary.

He opens the refrigerator to get a beer bottle, watches, watches, watches, forgets what he's looking for, then remembers and takes it, slams the door shut to the clinking of the tapping rattle of the things inside.

"Jesus," he startles, looks at Jungkook standing at the kitchen door with big eyes, "Why do you come in like sneaking?"

Jungkook blinks quickly, "I have the key?"

"Still-" Jimin is about to continue getting mad at him when he suddenly realizes that he looks so tiny in his puffer jacket and smiles lightly, "Anyways, welcome."

"Thanks, baby, but,"

Jungkook approaches him without taking off his jacket, Jimin opened the bottle at that moment and settled into the chair of the small table they had positioned across from the refrigerator.

"Mhm?" he mutters as he puts the bottle to his mouth.

"You look terrible."

Jimin slowly lowers the bottle and gives him a piercing look.

"I just couldn't sleep."

"You look more like you've been beaten."

"Jungkook."

"Fine," Jungkook says emphatically while sitting opposite him, "I'm not going to tell you that I think this is about the time you went to the supermarket with Taehyung and disappeared after that."

"Jungkook!"

"What?" Jungkook reaches out, takes the bottle from his hand and takes a sip, "Are you memorizing my name?"

"Haven't you been drinking already? Give it back."

Jimin extends his hand towards him, but Jungkook pulls back.

"Tell me what happened."

"Nothing happened," Jimin momentarily forgets his beer and leans back because of his distracted mind from the topic that was opened.

"Why didn't you come back?"

"Just because."

"Something has happened."

"Nothing has happened."

"Has nothing happened?"

"No, something has happened."

"I knew it," Jungkook smirks, takes another sip of beer and pushes it across the table towards Jimin.

"Ah- I can't believe I'm falling into this cheap trap of yours every fucking time."

"Spill it."

Jimin rolls his eyes, it's actually because he knows that he can't avoid telling him forever.

He leans over the table, finally deciding within a few seconds that he doesn't need to go into too much detail and that the opinions of an outside listener might actually be helpful, especially if it's Jungkook.

Jungkook imitates him, realizing that they will share a secret, leans his arms on the table and approaches him.

Both of them have a smile on their face that they are not aware of.

"We-"

Jimin's uninitiated speech is interrupted by the doorbell.

"Who could it be at this hour?"

Jungkook quickly takes off his coat and throws it on the chair, "Maybe it's Taehyung," he says while grinning.

"Don't talk nonsense, it can't be him!" he reacts, then suddenly pauses and throws his hand to his neck and rubs it nervously, "Can it be?"

While Jungkook still has a grin on his face, he shrugs and literally hops towards the door.

After a few stressful moments of Jimin sits down on the chair, gets up, examines the clothes on him, wonders if he needs to change, Jungkook comes back.

"Hyung," he calls out, leaning his shoulder on the door trim in a way that is the exact opposite of his amused state as he leaves.

Jimin understood from Jungkook's lips he pressed together when he should have curled up that the person waiting was not Taehyung.

-

A/N: art cr. to owner 💌