40 days • II

Taehyung is walking with difficulty while carrying the bag filled with fire lighting and extinguishing materials

"Have we got everything?" He asks Jimin, who he thinks is following him behind.

But when he turns around, he sees that the blonde's attention is completely elsewhere with the bags of drinks in his hand.

"Jimin?" he calls out his name because of the distance between them.

"Hm?"

"What are you looking at?"

"Oh, sorry," Jimin distractedly turns to him, "This place over there caught my eye, trying to figure out what it was."

When Taehyung turns to that side, he sees a hut-like structure made of wood. There are two benches also made of wood in front of it and 3 bikes leaning against the wall next to them.

From the roof to the door, the flowers of the vines had opened not as if they were waiting for spring, but as if it was the middle of summer.

This was probably what attracted Jimin's attention the most.

"Shall we take a look?" Taehyung asks, it would be stupid not to keep every single chance offered to him by Jimin.

"I don't know," Jimin shrugs while laughing slightly, "Shouldn't we be back before it gets cold?"

Taehyung reached over and grabbed the bag as he spoke.

"Wait for me here." he says and walks towards the car with quick steps.

Jimin watches him with blinking eyes, Taehyung had already gone to the car and returned before he knew it.

He holds his hand and starting to drag him towards the hut they had just been looking at.

As Jimin tries to keep up with his steps behind him, his gaze falls on the hand in his palm several times.

Their hands, which almost always held together when they were friends, now give his heart a much different and intense feeling than it should even be.

Just when they reach the hut, they almost to collide with a woman in her late middle ages who coming out of the door with a watering pot in her hand. Jimin pulls his hand away from Taehyung's with a momentary fuss and surprise.

"Welcome," the woman glanced at their separated hands, a smile appears on her face and she walks past them to a small shelf with flower pots lined up next to the door.

"You don't need to let go of your hands, I'm not an old fogy who don't know what love is."

Taehyung and Jimin look at each other with blinking eyes.

Jimin laughs awkwardly, "Ah, you misunderstand, we are not like that."

"Oh?" she says, a mocking tone in her voice, "What are you like then?"