38 days

It was almost afternoon, and Taehyung was in front of his cafe's door

It was almost afternoon, and Taehyung was in front of his cafe's door. He carelessly kicked a stone in front of him before entering.

When he opened the door with the bell hanging above him ringing, the eyes staring at him in the most beautiful shade of brown hadn't helped at all to gather his scattered attention.

The owner of the eyes had stopped his work behind the island counter in the middle of the cafe and turned towards him with a cup in his hand. Taehyung's apron was tied around his thin waist.

"Oh,"

They are both dumbstruck for a second, probably because it's the first time they'd seen each other since their little kiss.

That night, after they had withdrawn from each other in silence, they had forgotten the whole world, including the drinks they were supposed to have and their friends waiting for them.

They had walked silently down the dark path to the point where they had to separate to get home. Both of them didn't know what to say or think because of their messy situation, they were aware of that, and it seems like they still don't have much of an idea at the moment.

"Hi," Taehyung greets the blonde in a low voice as he walks behind the counter.

"Hi." Jimin smiles awkwardly as he responds.

"So, you-" Taehyung pauses, he didn't want it to be in the wrong sense to ask why he was here, but he didn't know how to do it.

Jimin turns around to put the cup in its place, "Yoongi said he had things to do and asked me to open the cafe, he didn't want to deal with waking you up and-"

When Jimin turns to him again, his eyes blink quickly because Taehyung has come so close without him realizing it that their breasts hit each other when he turned back.

His gaze rises to other's with some hesitation.

"And?" Taehyung asks as his lips curl slightly.

Jimin swallows, "I forgot."

"Oh," Taehyung's smile grows, "So you're my employee today?"

"No?" Jimin frowns, "I'm caretaking for Yoongi, that means I'm your partner."

"This sounds even better,"

Taehyung takes a small step, and Jimin reflexively takes a backward step following him, slightly startled when his hip touches the counter, which he had forgotten was even there.

"We could be Bonnie and Clyde kind of partners."

Jimin finally manages to listen to his mind shouting for him to pull his shit together and gets some courage while looking at the other's eyes.

"Yeah, definitely, Bonnie and Clyde, who sell little sweet strawberry cakes in the shape of a heart."

Taehyung laughs, his gaze falls on Jimin's lips for a moment, in a way that cannot possibly go unnoticed.