44 days

Taehyung is sitting under a magnificent willow tree in one of the parks closest to their neighborhood

Taehyung is sitting under a magnificent willow tree in one of the parks closest to their neighborhood. He leaves the grass he has been crushing between his fingers for a moment and checks his watch.

It is not long after noon. The spring sun is high in the sky, but it doesn't burn, on the contrary there is a gentle breeze that keeps the air balmy.

Today, as he was walking to work after his morning routine, he received a phone call from Jimin and changed his direction to here to meet him.

This is not something Jimin does very often, so he can't help feeling anxious.

Even when he sees him from a distance his heart doesn't lighten, he stands up, something is really wrong. He is convinced of this by the quickening of his steps when they see each other.

When Jimin reaches him, their bodies literally collide as he quickly wraps his arms around Taehyung's neck. At the same time, long arms were instantly held around his waist.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asks after a few moments, he slides one of his hands up his nape.

"Can I stay like this for a while before we talk?"

Taehyung nods without saying anything, his lips lowering slightly to settle on the blonde's shoulder.

He can feel the warmth of his skin from under the thin fabric he is wearing, his dizzyingly beautiful scent was there, as it is.

He waits, doing as Jimin asked, resting as much as possible in the details of where he is.

When Jimin finally pulls back, the wetness in his eyes makes Taehyung frown, one hand still on his waist, the other gently drying his wet cheek.

"Do you want to talk now?"

Jimin takes a step back and awkwardly dries his face with the back of his hand, then throws himself on his back through the grass where Taehyung had just been sitting.

"I have learned to accept that I will always be a loser in this life."

Taehyung raises his eyebrows as he sits next to the gracious body, "That's not true and you know it."

Jimin lets out a deep sigh as he watches the green branches break through the blue of the sky.

"They didn't want me even for positions I thought I would definitely be accepted for."

"What do you mean they didn't want you?" Taehyung knew that Jimin had spent the last few days in business meetings with dance schools, but since he hadn't shared any details with him, he thought everything was going well, "They all have been running after you?"

"Well, in this case, they weren't, and it turns out I'm that easily dispensable person. Again."

"Jimin," Taehyung's full attention, gaze, and heart are directed at him, "They must be stupid or insane to give up on you."